Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

jedirulez

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
It was released for shipment on September 29th and received by a transport company. Seems the shipper had a "miscellaneous transit delay" on the 30th and that's why it went back to awaiting shipment. It's been received by a different transport company as of October 5th.
@Pioneer74 - would you mind checking this VIN again, hopefully this is the last time.
1FTER4FH8KLA92038

Thanks again, you are very generous with us on these requests, I very much appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Explicit

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Got my window sticker yesterday! Build date is supposed to be 11th on a holiday! I think. (Is that a holiday in the USA?)

1FTER4FH5KLB23214

Reactions: Doc

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Got my window sticker yesterday! Build date is supposed to be 11th on a holiday! I think. (Is that a holiday in the USA?)

1FTER4FH5KLB23214
It's scheduled to be built the 15th. It was scheduled to the week of the 11th before the day was finalized, that might be where you got that number.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Ok
It's scheduled to be built the 15th. It was scheduled to the week of the 11th before the day was finalized, that might be where you got that number.

1FTER4FH5KLB23214
Assuming you are referring to the current month, yes Monday Nov. 11 is Veterans Day in the United States.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
I got my window sticker too. Blend date Wed 11/13. Perfect. I hope it only takes 2 weeks to get to St Paul. Last one I ordered was built there!

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ranger Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
So just out of curiosity, if the website says it’s in production, how long until it’s actually started? How long does it take to be built on the line?
Mine’s finally changed to in production, but the blend date was the 14th anyway...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So just out of curiosity, if the website says it’s in production, how long until it’s actually started? How long does it take to be built on the line?
Mine’s finally changed to in production, but the blend date was the 14th anyway...
The tracking site will say "in production" when it get released to the plant I believe. The actual final assembly only takes a day. If the blend date is the 14th, that should be the date it rolls down the line.

My Blend date was 3/16, the tracking site showed "In Production" on 3/8 - it was built on 3/16 but didn't show "Awaiting shipment" until 3/19 (the day it showed as "produced") - here is the detail from the Ford system that Pioneer74 gave me at that time:

upload_2019-11-10_17-44-47.png

One tip - if you want to confirm it is "alive" on the 15th - fire up the FordPass app on your phone and put your VIN in and see if it prompts you to accept the prompt on the dash. If it does, you will know it has been built. I did that, however it seems to have kind of messed something up - when I got it, I ended up having to do a system reset on the Sync3 system before I could set it all up. Just just be aware that doing that might cause some minor issues at delivery time.

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The tracking site will say "in production" when it get released to the plant I believe. The actual final assembly only takes a day. If the blend date is the 14th, that should be the date it rolls down the line.

My Blend date was 3/16, the tracking site showed "In Production" on 3/8 - it was built on 3/16 but didn't show "Awaiting shipment" until 3/19 (the day it showed as "produced") - here is the detail from the Ford system that Pioneer74 gave me at that time:

upload_2019-11-10_17-44-47.png

One tip - if you want to confirm it is "alive" on the 15th - fire up the FordPass app on your phone and put your VIN in and see if it prompts you to accept the prompt on the dash. If it does, you will know it has been built. I did that, however it seems to have kind of messed something up - when I got it, I ended up having to do a system reset on the Sync3 system before I could set it all up. Just just be aware that doing that might cause some minor issues at delivery time.
Thanks very much, that’s incredibly useful information!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks very much, that’s incredibly useful information!
Just be prepared for lots of "waiting" time when shipping occurs - here is a bit more - it sat at the rail yard for almost a week (3/23-3/29), not moving at all:

upload_2019-11-10_18-38-14.png

It took 21 days to get from the plant to Portland, OR and almost half that time was just sitting and waiting. Just to prepare you. Mine finally arrived at the dealer on 4/12. Since you are in Nevada, I would assume the transit time would be similar.

If you really want to "geek out", I created this map showing its progress from the plant the dealer:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/RWRangerFinalMap

@rangerdanger created one for someone else earlier in the year, and thanks to @Pioneer74, he gave me the complete printout of the whole journey which was really interesting to me. Maybe more info than you wanted.... :)

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just be prepared for lots of "waiting" time when shipping occurs - here is a bit more - it sat at the rail yard for almost a week (3/23-3/29), not moving at all:

upload_2019-11-10_18-38-14.png

It took 21 days to get from the plant to Portland, OR and almost half that time was just sitting and waiting. Just to prepare you. Mine finally arrived at the dealer on 4/12. Since you are in Nevada, I would assume the transit time would be similar.

If you really want to "geek out", I created this map showing its progress from the plant the dealer:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/RWRangerFinalMap

@rangerdanger created one for someone else earlier in the year, and thanks to @Pioneer74, he gave me the complete printout of the whole journey which was really interesting to me. Maybe more info than you wanted.... :)
The wait time is to be expected, the dealer told me to plan on 4 weeks once it starts shipment. For some reason they ship to San Francisco and then truck it back East over the Sierras instead of just dropping them at the rail yard in Reno. Weather slows everything down this time of year for the Sierras, it may sit for a week just for that apparently.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The wait time is to be expected, the dealer told me to plan on 4 weeks once it starts shipment. For some reason they ship to San Francisco and then truck it back East over the Sierras instead of just dropping them at the rail yard in Reno. Weather slows everything down this time of year for the Sierras, it may sit for a week just for that apparently.
It is really hard to wait, but having reasonable expectations is important. If you figure 4 weeks and it arrives faster than that you will be happy. If they told you 2 weeks and it took 4, you wouldn't be a happy camper.

For me, the shipping part was somewhat easier than waiting for it to be built. Somehow it was easier knowing it was built and on its way to me. Hard to believe I ordered mine almost a year ago now.
Sponsored