Rock Auto First Order!

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
NAPA Gold is a Wix filter and easier to find.
If you can't find an FL-910S, the Motorcraft FL-400S will fit. It's a little longer and the bypass spring is a little stronger but that's not a bad thing.
NAPA Gold/Wix, Mobil 1, K&N, and Walmart Supertech are all perfectly fine filters.
I might switch to K&N permanently for the 1" nut that's welded on the end, be easier to get it off than with the claw-type filter wrench.
I use the FL-400S in my Bronco. I was wondering if it fit the Ranger too.

Iā€™m a big fan of Rock Auto. Great prices and fast shipping. Unfortunately they are out of stock on the transmission gasket, but 8 quarts of Mercon ULV ran $67 shipped. The transmission filter was also $15-20 cheaper than anywhere else.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I use the FL-400S in my Bronco. I was wondering if it fit the Ranger too.

Iā€™m a big fan of Rock Auto. Great prices and fast shipping. Unfortunately they are out of stock on the transmission gasket, but 8 quarts of Mercon ULV ran $67 shipped. The transmission filter was also $15-20 cheaper than anywhere else.
I had to get a new rear driveshaft for my old Sport Trac when the carrier bearing went. Rock Auto was $400, next cheapest I found was $900.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
They have great pricing.

Sometimes shipping is high.

Just hope you dont have a problem, you cant call them, there are no humans that can be talked to, the return policy is bad, I had a front brake caliper blow a seal after 3 weeks, ruined the wheel clear coat (F150 Raptor wheel) I had to pay the return shipping, and because they were a pair, I couldn't return just one, I was pissed, I just bought another caliper locally, it was cheaper than shipping back both.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Just placed my first order with rock auto. šŸ˜Ž

Ordered 2 Motorcraft Oil Filters. With the strike going on, not sure it will affect the parts side but I got paranoid.
I went to (4) auto stores after work and no 910S available, in fact most Motorcraft filters are sold out!
I did pick up a Purolator Boss though.

Anyone have bad experiences with rock auto?
used rockauto a lot for my older vehicles and never had an issue. they are kinda what keeps my 98 coupe alive lol

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Big fan of RA....really like how easy it is to search for the part you need and then often see multiple brand/price choices for each part. Shipping costs are reasonable too.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Nope.

But I guess my only mild complaint is they like to use way too much bubble wrap and packing tape.

2 sheets of bubble wrap per 1qrt of oil, each taped top to bottom.
every 3 bottles gets yet another tightly taped sheet of bubble wrap.

then for all 6 bottles, yet again 2 layers of bubble wrap sheets top and bottom, all around. taped... All 6 lids are also tightly taped closed.

Come the f*** on Rockauto lol...
That's because they are shipping 'hazardous' material. Probably have to shut down the whole interstate if one leaked.

True story:
We build oil field equipment. On this equipment is a flow meter with digital read out. It is powered by one CR1220 battery. Since it is a battery, it is considered 'hazardous material'. When shipping the equipment overseas in a container, the battery is removed, packed in a 12x12x12 box with several layers of plastic bagging with absorbent material between each layer. And the box must have a large label declaring 'hazardous material'. All that for a watch battery.
Sponsored