First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
I have been disappointed in Ford dealerships as of late. This economy has them riding high and selling pretty much what they get in stock. I do not think that customer service is their main priority. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
I have been disappointed in Ford dealerships as of late. This economy has them riding high and selling pretty much what they get in stock. I do not think that customer service is their main priority. Just my 2 cents.
They do gouge. Especially on the Maverick orders ppl cancel. My RangerXL arrival has been changed to 8-13 Aug. Another week of anticipation.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
I hate that Mike!

Are they at least keeping you in the loop?

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
I hate that Mike!

Are they at least keeping you in the loop?
Yes. Perry Ford (Patricia), and Ford Corporate email system have been great about that. I received a new ETA of 22-28 Aug from CF on 24 Aug. But, Patricia did text me twice before that, that they were still waiting as well. So, that was appreciated.

Then, my Ranger XL was put into Final Preparation status on Friday 8/26. Patricia emailed me that she would contact me when the truck has been delivered. So, not exactly sure what FP means for the physical location of the Ranger. Maybe, it's in the local train yard, and Perry Ford and the delivery service are coordinating "FP" details for its delivery?

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
My dealership is hot garbage at best. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
My dealership is hot garbage at best. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.
Let's all hope for the day the Ford CEO vision comes true, and online ordering with transparent pricing is the only buying method. Dealerships turn into large service locations.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Let's all hope for the day the Ford CEO vision comes true, and online ordering with transparent pricing is the only buying method. Dealerships turn into large service locations.
And if they are 'hot garbage' during the sale, what makes you think they will be smelling of roses during service? Money lost on the sale side, will be made up on the service side.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
After following the Bronco cluster f#$k, I'm not surprised that some are worried about their dealer trying to jack the price at delivery. I have my dealer's signature on a pricing "worksheet", for whatever that is worth ('23 order).

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
I ordered a 22 XL, and it arrives btwn now to 2 Aug. MSRP on order is $28650. Q: will the Perry Ford dealer jack up the price with a "market adjustment?" Should I expect that? There was no agreed up, set price. There was no paper signed with a bottom line price.
Update....

After 1 week in Final Preparation status, the tracker shows the truck has been delivered. Now, awaiting The Phonecall.

Screenshot_20220901-175358_Chrome.png

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
Update Final. Truck on the Perry Ford Natl City CA lot 4 days after Delivered status shown.

Price on order and window sticker met. No market adjustment.
Sponsored