Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
You're welcome! Works well!
It did indeed work. Been driving around without a seat belt for a few days now. o_O

No seat belt law in New Hampshire.

But I do wear it on the highway. I just don't wear it on dump runs - you never know when you might see some perfect item in the ditch to add to the pile - got to be ready to move fast on those opportunities!

Thanks again!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
It did indeed work. Been driving around without a seat belt for a few days now. o_O

No seat belt law in New Hampshire.

But I do wear it on the highway. I just don't wear it on dump runs - you never know when you might see some perfect item in the ditch to add to the pile - got to be ready to move fast on those opportunities!

Thanks again!
You're welcome, David! Glad I could share that with you! Gonna make a dump run myself in the morning.....son has some tree limbs and I told him I'd take 'em out there........told him I wanna be like Subquark!........he looked at me like WTH?????
Dan.gif

87TxAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrack, 23 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Round trip to Dallas and back yesterday. Ran between 80-85 most of the way. Averaged 21.9 on the lie-o-meter. Iā€™m still under 1000 miles on my ā€˜23 Tremor that I picked up 5/8.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
60%/40% city/highway
Average
87 oct
Start/stop: off
1000 miles
4x4, XL
Computer MPG 19.7

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
You're welcome, David! Glad I could share that with you! Gonna make a dump run myself in the morning.....son has some tree limbs and I told him I'd take 'em out there........told him I wanna be like Subquark!........he looked at me like WTH?????
Dan.gif
I read this out loud to Kate and she got a healthy laugh out it! Thanks for setting a nice light and happy tone for our evening! =D

Perfect use of your Ranger and mind your back with those limbs. =)

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I read this out loud to Kate and she got a healthy laugh out it! Thanks for setting a nice light and happy tone for our evening! =D

Perfect use of your Ranger and mind your back with those limbs. =)
Got 'er done this am without incident........forgot my phone though.........wanted to take pics to make you and Mrs. Subquark proud!
Dan.gif

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I don't know how you guys get such good milage, but I am barely eeking out 17-17.5 but commute is 90/10(city/freeway) atm and a lot of lights. Tune+Lift and 91 piss gas here in CALI. I am only 2WD so IDK.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just made a trip from Prescott Valley to Tucson and back. Hopefully the pics are clear. Cruise control used very nearly all the way, max speed 72mph.
Halfway between PHX and Tucson:
20230520_100135.jpg

At Sons house in Tucson:

20230520_110358.jpg

Back at home:

20230520_172643.jpg

My truck is a 2021 XLT Sport. All tires and suspension are original equipment. Filled up with gas (91 octane) just before leaving home and just after leaving Sons house in Tucson.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just made a trip from Prescott Valley to Tucson and back. Hopefully the pics are clear. Cruise control used very nearly all the way, max speed 72mph.
Halfway between PHX and Tucson:
20230520_100135.jpg

At Sons house in Tucson:

20230520_110358.jpg

Back at home:

20230520_172643.jpg

My truck is a 2021 XLT Sport. All tires and suspension are original equipment. Filled up with gas (91 octane) just before leaving home and just after leaving Sons house in Tucson.
Nice mileage Chris. But you're torturing me with those dash pictures. :oops:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
My Tremor is rated at 18mpg combined. I was happy at first, because they made the adjustment for the ever so slightly lift and slightly bigger tires, so I figured that it would be possibly better.
In the beginning I have been way off.
IMG_0692.jpeg
For 8mo, I wasnā€™t able to crack 19 mpgā€™s on a tank of fuel. Iā€™m not the easiest driver, but even when I tried, I just couldnā€™t do it!

Well, I just hadnā€™t modified it yet and growing up Iā€™ve been a Mustang guy. Started with a ā€¢Cobra,
As soon as I went catless, I could get into the very low 30 mpgā€™s on that cobra.

(Also modified everything else Iā€™ve ever ownedā€¦)

THINGS CHANGED AFTER A MOD:
On Ranger:
so, I put in a MishiMoto air intake system, and in addition to hearing that beautiful turbo, I can also hear the air just flowing add an unbelievable increase compared to the stock filter. After adding the better airflow, I just figured I would get better fuel, so Iā€™ve been running 89 or 91 octane just for the heck of it, plus

So my last trips, I got mpgs reading 22.5 to 25. I thought it was going to take a lot more than that, such a
IMG_1122.jpeg
ā€¢ maybe it needed the 10,000 miles breaking to really start working optimally. It runs incredible so that would make sense as well.

And unrelated, but still about the Ranger, this set up feels a lot like my 2018 BMW 440 with a turbo in-line six. First of all, that car is under rated. That being said, the most impressive and obvious, Takeaway is how incredible it responds to performance modifications. Just by adding a downpipe, a high pressure fuel pump., And go ahead and feed it more air through a cold air intake, even though it does flow pretty wellā€¦ Then put a tune on it and all of a sudden it smokes the various modified mustang GTā€™s in Camaros.
IMG_4414.jpeg

I think stock 0 to 60 was in the mid fours and once you do what I listed, you end up with a 0 to 60 in the low three second range.

The way the Tremor responded to just the air intake, given a little seat of the pants, increase and gas mileage increase of 4 to 6 mpgā€™s, itā€™s no joke!
this truck has really been amazing and so much fun; even more fun than my prior car, which I didnā€™t think was possible. The prior car was a 2018 BMW 440 I, which has an in-line six turbo, and just a ton of power. with a downpipe, fuel pump, and a tune, you can turn it into a beast that snacks on fairly heavily modified mustangs and Camaros. I donā€™t remember what the Quarter-mile will be but it ends up 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds to 3.4 seconds. It is a really stout and strong motor that just needs a couple upgrades and I believe itā€™s already under rated power wise.

That car ended up totaled, and I decided to originally go sports car and get a Corvette Grand Sport, but after driving it, it just is too much of a niche car. Itā€™s a great weekend car, but itā€™s not versatile. Especially because Iā€™m into wake surfing, taking out my Polaris Ranger sXs and Iā€™m going to add a Polaris RZR 4 900 (or 925) Turbo, plus I had bought a house and it sucks not having a truck.

So now, with some modifications, itā€™s fast and fun, but it can go off Roading, and it will be able to tell my closed in trailer while Iā€™m hauling the Ranger and four seat RZR.

Itā€™s my favorite truck ever, and I see Toyota, trying to make changes which are quite similar to the Ranger in places, such as seating position, where the Rangers comfortable, and the Toyota used to feel like you were sitting in a sports car with your legs out

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Still getting some really good mpg on this trip. This tank there was a lot of flat highway driving (75 mph) but we did cross a few good mountain passes coming into ID from UT. I was totally prepared to average 19 mpg with the Tremor based of others here so this is a nice surprise. I adjusted the dash computer before leaving and now it's dead on to my Fuelly app.

1686137179374.jpeg