First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Something isn’t right here and as others have said I suspect dealer shenanigans. If it were me I’d play the game with them. Seeing what they just did order a Lariat with every possible option. NO DEPOSIT because of this current snafu. Should be north of 48K in a 2022. When they call and say it’s all ready tell them you changed your mind. Thanks for playin ?

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Something isn’t right here and as others have said I suspect dealer shenanigans. If it were me I’d play the game with them. Seeing what they just did order a Lariat with every possible option. NO DEPOSIT because of this current snafu. Should be north of 48K in a 2022. When they call and say it’s all ready tell them you changed your mind. Thanks for playin ?
They'll have no trouble selling a fully loaded one within a couple weeks though. Probably with mark up and extra dealer packages applied.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
They'll have no trouble selling a fully loaded one within a couple weeks though. Probably with mark up and extra dealer packages applied.
We know they will throw an extra 5K on top of factory invoice. The greed is dripping off this one! Fully loaded only has a small group that pony up big bucks. Just the way it works

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
We ordered my wife a 2022 bronco sport in late August and the 1000.00 rebate for special orders covered both model years. Hopefully it applies to your market too.

Screenshot_20210917-172144_Samsung Internet.jpg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'm sort of dealing with the same issue, although as of *yet* nobody telling me my order was canceled or being forced into a 22' although the latter is what I'm suspecting will happen.

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
Maybe ask your dealer if the VIN has been created - my friend had his VIN for a Maverick order issued 1 month after the order.
I’ve asked numerous times , seems like a new song and dance each time.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
When I ordered I was told I get the incentives at order time (which makes sense with a factory order incentive) or whatever is in effect at delivery time if it's better.
This is exactly what I was told and exactly how it worked for me.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
I'm really frustrated. Ford were running a $1500 factory order incentive when I placed the order. When a company runs a promotion like that, isn't because they want to try and get more orders in?? And then just turn around and cancel it? Well why the heck were you running a promotion??

Speaking to their customer service did not help. I tried to explain, look I get it things are really weird in the supply chain. I'm ok with that, no problem I can wait, I'm fine with getting a 2022, I really only need the truck by next spring. I think I'm being a very reasonable customer, all I'm asking is honour the original price, incentive and finance rate. Isn't that fair?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered I was told I get the incentives at order time (which makes sense with a factory order incentive) or whatever is in effect at delivery time if it's better.
Can confirm. I got the $2000 in rebates in place in May when I ordered, plus the customer order incentive. Ford allows you to keep incentives at time of order OR those in place at time of delivery. Just picked mine up today.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I placed the order Aug 31. My dealer just called me to tell me it has been cancelled. Well, it is now a 2022 model year order and price and incentive that was on offer when I originally ordered won't be honoured.

I don't know what to do now...waiting to see the new quote.
I'd be curious as to whether your dealer placed it as a customer order or part of their allotment. If you ordered on 8/31, that should have been before the 2021 books closed.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be curious as to whether your dealer placed it as a customer order or part of their allotment. If you ordered on 8/31, that should have been before the 2021 books closed.
I guess I have no way of knowing except what they tell me?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
thats why you placed an order and paid a deposit. essentially the contract .
take a close look at the paperwork you signed when you did the order.

Might be a long shot, but take that paperwork to a different dealer and ask them whats up.

When I was in at my dealer this week, they do things different than the dealer where i work.
we were talking about the inventory levels, both are diminished, but i told my local guys that out west, there are no longer any window stickers or prices...just QR codes in the window, linking you to an inflated price. He looked at me in astonishment, as they still have all their window stickers and are selling at MSRP indicated. there's no price gouging here.
I suspect theres dealerships playing fair and some not.
The dealer I bought from has removed all the window stickers as well. Just a little card with a QR on it. The Bronco they had on the lot was MSRP $38,000; scanning the code revealed they are asking $58,000 for it. Also, they shouldn't even have it since there are so many reservation orders unfilled for years to come still.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thats why you placed an order and paid a deposit. essentially the contract .
take a close look at the paperwork you signed when you did the order.

Might be a long shot, but take that paperwork to a different dealer and ask them whats up.

When I was in at my dealer this week, they do things different than the dealer where i work.
we were talking about the inventory levels, both are diminished, but i told my local guys that out west, there are no longer any window stickers or prices...just QR codes in the window, linking you to an inflated price. He looked at me in astonishment, as they still have all their window stickers and are selling at MSRP indicated. there's no price gouging here.
I suspect theres dealerships playing fair and some not.
I wonder if it's really a binding contract, there's basically 2 sheets, one with all the pricing details showing the factory rebate, the finance rate, the taxes, the overall interest that will be paid and the payment amount that I signed and the dealer signed, and a second sheet showing the configuration and options I chose on the truck.
Sponsored