OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
Just now I received a call from my dealer telling me that due to supply issues, my order for a 2021 Ranger has to be changed to a 2022 Ranger. Small price increase possible. Production not to start until December.
My order was placed in mid-August.
I have a hunch they are cherry picking the more loaded Rangers to complete this model year and the less option loaded ones such as mine are being bumped to model year 2022.
Don't know what will become of my $1000 incentive.
wow, I thought for sure since you had a VIN it would be built, guess not.
Not sure if you saw my previous posts, I'm arguing my original deal should be maintained same as what was done for Bronco and F-150 customers (I think F-150 orders are maintained but not 100% sure, my sales rep didn't argue it).
Sponsored

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician
wow, I thought for sure since you had a VIN it would be built, guess not.
Not sure if you saw my previous posts, I'm arguing my original deal should be maintained same as what was done for Bronco and F-150 customers (I think F-150 orders are maintained but not 100% sure, my sales rep didn't argue it).
I just got the same thing happen to me today. my dealer went ahead and ordered me a 2022 without even asking me if that was ok. WOW

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my XLT FX4 with 302A, tech package
Black appearance package, tow package , block heater , brake controller on 9/3. Order was canceled for the 21 and just signed paper work for a 2022. No price change.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Groove Ford in Centennial, CO (Denver suburb) has some 2021’s on the ground. At least one with Tremor package. Sounds like close to MSRP.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
My Ranger is going to be dedicated for towing our 20 foot camper. Keeping the price down was important also the weight.
Now that I've seen the 2022 "improvements", I'm looking around to see if there's a 2021 in stock somewhere that will work for me.
The email I got from Ford regarding the 2022 order almost sounded like... be patient it may take awhile.
I already have set my sights on one here in Kansas City that pretty much checks all the boxes. Don't like the gray color but that's the least important thing. This one has a bit more bling than the one I ordered, but bottom line it's pretty close price wise.
Test drive tomorrow, then negotiation time if we like it.
I am surprised the dealer who made my order did not try to find one for me??

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
Black appearance package, tow package , block heater , brake controller on 9/3. Order was canceled for the 21 and just signed paper work for a 2022. No price change.
Back in August when I put together my order, I did not see the brake controller listed as an option. Does it come only with a special option package? Also, how much was that option? If you don't mind sharing.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Back in August when I put together my order, I did not see the brake controller listed as an option. Does it come only with a special option package? Also, how much was that option? If you don't mind sharing.
Pretty sure brake controller is dealer installed

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Is yours a Lariat ? I don't really expect to get it until sometime in January if I am lucky
No it's a XLT SCab 2wd mildly optioned, I see other posts here saying their '21 has been pushed to a '22 , at this point have not heard anything from my dealer on that so far.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
No it's a XLT SCab 2wd mildly optioned, I see other posts here saying their '21 has been pushed to a '22 , at this point have not heard anything from my dealer on that so far.
If yours was scheduled for Nov 1, it is still possible you will have a 21 - they will be building 21s for a little over a month yet - transition to the 22s happens in December.

Good luck on getting your build done sooner than later! We live in interesting times.....

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Maybe this helps, I saved this end of September when we ordered a 2022 bronco sport for my wife. $1000
rebate for orders covers 2021 and 2022 ranger.
Just now I received a call from my dealer telling me that due to supply issues, my order for a 2021 Ranger has to be changed to a 2022 Ranger. Small price increase possible. Production not to start until December.
My order was placed in mid-August.
I have a hunch they are cherry picking the more loaded Rangers to complete this model year and the less option loaded ones such as mine are being bumped to model year 2022.
Don't know what will become of my $1000 incentive.
Screenshot_20210917-172238_Samsung Internet.jpg

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
My Ranger is going to be dedicated for towing our 20 foot camper. Keeping the price down was important also the weight.
Now that I've seen the 2022 "improvements", I'm looking around to see if there's a 2021 in stock somewhere that will work for me.
The email I got from Ford regarding the 2022 order almost sounded like... be patient it may take awhile.
I already have set my sights on one here in Kansas City that pretty much checks all the boxes. Don't like the gray color but that's the least important thing. This one has a bit more bling than the one I ordered, but bottom line it's pretty close price wise.
Test drive tomorrow, then negotiation time if we like it.
I am surprised the dealer who made my order did not try to find one for me??
Well, bummer, the Ranger I saw on the dealer's website is not in stock yet. It is on order. So I'm still in the hunt. I did find an actual on the lot example over in St. Louis that's real close to my specs. I will contact them Monday to see if a trip over there is justified.
Still have my old truck, so I may just wait it out till next summer.

DSTBLU

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL 4X4 w/Locker
Occupation
Project Manager
Now that I've seen the 2022 "improvements"
What changes have you seen? The 2022 order guide that's been posted on the forum shows very limited changes, mostly options for graphics and paint. Just curious if you've seen other info since I have an order placed for a 22 and have been trying to find everything I can on changes from 21.

Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
When you say ''ordered was cancelled'' by the dealership or directly from Ford corporate?
Where you told who or shown anything also did you have a VIN# along with an order# ?

Just curious and thinking dealer might be play games switching order not due to factory but not having allocation to fulfil your '21 and instead of possibly seeing you walk so get you signed for a '22 that's why I asked about VIN#. I ordered three weeks before you so I'm wondering if I'm going to get 'that call' lol.

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
$339. It is located in options. Bitch to find but it’s there.

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
When you say ''ordered was cancelled'' by the dealership or directly from Ford corporate?
Where you told who or shown anything also did you have a VIN# along with an order# ?

Just curious and thinking dealer might be play games switching order not due to factory but not having allocation to fulfil your '21 and instead of possibly seeing you walk so get you signed for a '22 that's why I asked about VIN#. I ordered three weeks before you so I'm wondering if I'm going to get 'that call' lol.
I never got a VIN # . I just happened to be by the dealer so I stopped in and they were just calling me as I pulled in. They let me know what was going on so we reordered and now I wait for a 22!
Sponsored