Regarding my Ranger on order...

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
I placed the order Aug 31. My dealer just called me to tell me it has been cancelled. Well, it is now a 2022 model year order and price and incentive that was on offer when I originally ordered won't be honoured.

I don't know what to do now...waiting to see the new quote.
Sponsored

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I placed the order Aug 31. My dealer just called me to tell me it has been cancelled. Well, it is now a 2022 model year order and price and incentive that was on offer when I originally ordered won't be honoured.

I thought you only got the incentives that are available at the time of delivery, not when you placed the order.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
My friend has a Ram 3500 on order an they stopped updating his status an giving estimated delivery dates. He follows the Ram forums an guys claim orders are being cancelled but in reality they are being sent to large volume sellers to help meet demand an to keep the money makers happy. There's also posts of orders being cancelled so they could update the price to reflect higher prices because of the current inflation rates.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive never heard of that happening.
My dealership has always honored the price as signed when ordered.
Thats essentially the contract right?

I cant see Ford doing this, as you see many people simply getting their orders pushed back, sounds like this is 100% your dealer looking to shaft you by charging jacked up covid pricing for maximum profits.
look into reporting them to the BBB , Ford corporate, or somebody who can help. Like Vinny from down on Yonge Street behind the Miller Tavern, knock on the alley door 3 times and tell him RP sent you.
I'm not sure what to think. I tried calling Ford customer service but the guy said there's absolutely nothing he can do, if it was cancelled it wasn't a "confirmed in the system order" and nothing to do about honouring the original pricing. Best I can get now is what is currently being offered.

I don't know Vinny, but I know his cousin Rocco, but he's usually down on the corner of Ste-Catherine and St-Laurent. Maybe I'll go see him :)

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought you only got the incentives that are available at the time of delivery, not when you placed the order.
When I ordered I was told I get the incentives at order time (which makes sense with a factory order incentive) or whatever is in effect at delivery time if it's better.

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Sucks that happened. Impossible to ever know if the dealer wants to get you into a 2022 or if Ford is shutting down the production of the 2021 and you drew the short stick.
Hopefully they don't try to add a market adjustment like they are with the poor bastards who ordered Broncos over a year ago and are getting screwed through no fault of their own.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My friend has a Ram 3500 on order an they stopped updating his status an giving estimated delivery dates. He follows the Ram forums an guys claim orders are being cancelled but in reality they are being sent to large volume sellers to help meet demand an to keep the money makers happy. There's also posts of orders being cancelled so they could update the price to reflect higher prices because of the current inflation rates.
That is really poor corporate practice for sure! It's almost price gouging...

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired

I ordered mine on September 3, I got a order # but never have received a Vin#. So I hope mine isn’t cancelled hopefully get a 2022 then.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on September 3, I got a order # but never have received a Vin#. So I hope mine isn’t cancelled hopefully get a 2022 then.
Maybe ask your dealer if the VIN has been created - my friend had his VIN for a Maverick order issued 1 month after the order.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Do these pre orders have deposits on them? I would think that makes it harder to cancel. My friend waiting on the ram 3500 just bought a used 2020 1500 so he had something to drive while he waits for his order. He said it's in the contract when his truck comes in they'll give him the purchase price back for trade on the new one.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
When I ordered I was told I get the incentives at order time (which makes sense with a factory order incentive) or whatever is in effect at delivery time if it's better.
When I ordered my Ranger, Factory rebate was $500. When it showed up, the rebate had bumped to $750 and the dealer gave that one to me.

OP
OP

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do these pre orders have deposits on them? I would think that makes it harder to cancel. My friend waiting on the ram 3500 just bought a used 2020 1500 so he had something to drive while he waits for his order. He said it's in the contract when his truck comes in they'll give him the purchase price back for trade on the new one.
I put a $500 deposit

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Hard to tell whether the dealer did not place the order correctly, or it really is Ford not being able to produce a 2021 Ranger prior to the factory cut over to 2022.

Supply chains are so screwed right now it is possible Ford cannot fulfill the 2021 order in time. Also possible your dealer screwed up. I work in high tech manufacturing and we are having issues meeting orders, having to cancel or decommited orders. It sucks. A lot of it could be out of Ford's control. That is assuming your dealer did not screw up.

Regarding rebates and incentives: you will get whatever is better at the time of order or delivery. Since the order is now a 2022, there is unlikely anything currently. So you are left taking what is available at delivery time. I had the same experience as I ordered a 2021 in October 2020. Nothing was available at order time. I received the $750 rebate at delivery in January 2021. I did not need to put a deposit down, but mine was a D-plan order. You can always take your deposit and order elsewhere, if you suspect your dealer is not being fair.

Last edited:

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Ive never heard of that happening.
My dealership has always honored the price as signed when ordered.
Thats essentially the contract right?

I cant see Ford doing this, as you see many people simply getting their orders pushed back, sounds like this is 100% your dealer looking to shaft you by charging jacked up covid pricing for maximum profits.
look into reporting them to the BBB , Ford corporate, or somebody who can help. Like Vinny from down on Yonge Street behind the Miller Tavern, knock on the alley door 3 times and tell him RP sent you.
It's pretty typical....pushed to a new model year, you pay the new MSRP. It's a Ford thing not the Dealer. It's happening on the Bronco too. Though some with early reservations and early orders (there is a cut off date) do have price protection being shoved to 2022 and 2023.
Sponsored