Rear End Lift Options?

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
Instead of blocks it may be in your best interest to go with the APG leafs. One has already reported some lift and will give you some more articulation in tye rear for offroad vs blocks.
My truck has not seen dirt for the most part all though I would like it to. I did add a leafs before (past rangers) and it stiffened the rear , noticeably . Am planning a rear sway bar though. RTt
Sponsored

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I should update this because I found out the ARB OME extra leaf only works with their leaf springs, not the springs that came with the truck. I ended up going with the Auto Spring Kits add a leafs (I got the standard springs, but there’s an option for less lift)
https://autospringkits.com/product/2019-2021-ford-ranger-rear-add-a-leaf-kit/
No more saggy rear!

Also changed to Bilstein 5100 shocks to add an extra inch of travel. Will probably swap these to Icons to match the front when/if they ever become available. Have some rake back and ride is significantly improved.

E8391868-72B6-444D-9185-B181CA22D975.jpeg
That looks gooooood

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
My truck has not seen dirt for the most part all though I would like it to. I did add a leafs before (past rangers) and it stiffened the rear , noticeably . Am planning a rear sway bar though. RTt
I see you are not planning a lot of offfroading. In any case Sway bar will impair articulation. The suspension will not flex as easily to follow terrain where the tires are compressed diagonally (eg front left tire on bump / rise, rear right tire on bump / rise)

Rampantroo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have the fox 2.0 kit on my Ranger, and recently put a tent on the bed of the truck. I'd like to get a bit more height in the back, but I also want to correct the lean at the same time. I am reading your post and just want to clarify, you have several spacers stacked, correct? I am wondering specifically if it is possible to stack a 1" and 1/4" (spacer on the side that is sagging, then just use the 1" spacer on the side that is higher.

I may be a bit off base with my ideas, as I just started to confront the option of raising the back at all. It is my understanding that the Fox 2.0 rear shock can handle about 1.5" additional ride height, so the 1.25" on the left, should be within the capacity of the shock. I am not sure if it is safe to stack two spacers...

Any thoughts would help. Thank you!

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have the fox 2.0 kit on my Ranger, and recently put a tent on the bed of the truck. I'd like to get a bit more height in the back, but I also want to correct the lean at the same time. I am reading your post and just want to clarify, you have several spacers stacked, correct? I am wondering specifically if it is possible to stack a 1" and 1/4" (spacer on the side that is sagging, then just use the 1" spacer on the side that is higher.

I may be a bit off base with my ideas, as I just started to confront the option of raising the back at all. It is my understanding that the Fox 2.0 rear shock can handle about 1.5" additional ride height, so the 1.25" on the left, should be within the capacity of the shock. I am not sure if it is safe to stack two spacers...

Any thoughts would help. Thank you!
I don't have several spacers stacked, but I am running the factory spacer/shim on the driver side. I've got the add-a-leaf kit on the truck, and that works with the factory U-bolts, but I had to run a slightly longer u-bolt to accommodate the factory spacer/shim being used on the driver side. The add-a-leaf kit actually calls for the spacer/shim to be discarded but I elected to keep it. To be clear, I am not running a lift block, just the spacer/shim from the factory on the driver side.

litalien26

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 2020 / Ford Galaxie 1968
Occupation
Peace officer
I have the rough country rear shackles. With the eibach prolift in front and love the setting

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the rough country rear shackles. With the eibach prolift in front and love the setting
If I didn't need the load capacity, I would have done shackles. That probably would have preserved the ride quality of the Eibach shocks (that are phenomenal on the back of these trucks!).

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
If I didn't need the load capacity, I would have done shackles. That probably would have preserved the ride quality of the Eibach shocks (that are phenomenal on the back of these trucks!).
What's the drop in load capacity with shackles? My BDS ones look just like stock (except longer).

Edit: I found this on blog.bds-suspension.com
"These shackles are a direct bolt-on for the factory leaf springs on the Ranger and will provide 1″ of rear lift over stock. They will not affect ride quality/load capacity"

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
What's the drop in load capacity with shackles? My BDS ones look just like stock (except longer).

Edit: I found this on blog.bds-suspension.com
"These shackles are a direct bolt-on for the factory leaf springs on the Ranger and will provide 1″ of rear lift over stock. They will not affect ride quality/load capacity"
I found these and will be pairing this with the blisten 5100s all around. Going to go for an OEM tremor look for height and still have some rear rake for towing