RCMUSTANG'S Auto Folding Mirrors Mod Buy Thread

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have one I will sell. Got it on the last group buy, decided to sell, my truck has been in the shop for 2 months. Not sure I will get it back. Shoot me a message if you are interested
What’s wrong with the truck? Sorry to hear such.
Sponsored

Stockranger

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
What’s wrong with the truck? Sorry to hear such.
brake lights stopped working intermittently. It wasn’t a part of the recall, and they have replaced like 5 connectors, bypassed parts of the harness, they can’t figure out why, they want to replace the BCM (body control module). It was on backorder for a month. Supposed to ship today but it was supposed to ship last week and they extended it till today. So even after the wait for this part, that might not fix It. I have zero faith in the dealership.They have had it for 2 months now. If they can’t figure it out, and decide to buy it back, I won’t buy another ranger.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
brake lights stopped working intermittently. It wasn’t a part of the recall, and they have replaced like 5 connectors, bypassed parts of the harness, they can’t figure out why, they want to replace the BCM (body control module). It was on backorder for a month. Supposed to ship today but it was supposed to ship last week and they extended it till today. So even after the wait for this part, that might not fix It. I have zero faith in the dealership.They have had it for 2 months now. If they can’t figure it out, and decide to buy it back, I won’t buy another ranger.
Sorry to hear. We had a bmw in the shop for months once. Asked that they pay my loan for the months it was not in my hands. They did. Losing warranty months worth asking for reimbursement.

usmgrad97

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I have one I will sell. Got it on the last group buy, decided to sell, my truck has been in the shop for 2 months. Not sure I will get it back. Shoot me a message if you are interested
Hi Stockranger....if you still have the module I'd be interested in purchasing from you.

IL8APEX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Finally installed today!

Hardest part was squeezing my far hands up to free the existing mirror switch. Everything else went really easily. I ended up tapping power and locks on the door side of the harness, after the connectors under the kick panel, so I never even turned the truck off (just pulled the plugs, tapped the wires, and reinstalled the plugs).

Now my wife's Audi isn't the only fancy car in the driveway with auto folding mirrors!

-T

SnowCaine

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger FX4, Mitsubishi Evolution X
Occupation
Laid off due to covid-19
didnt see the link on the thread i was reading, interested in being a part of the next group buy

Aica0177

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hello everyone, just a FYI.......... back on the beginning of January I did install an auto folding module for my mirrows on my 2019 Ranger XLT with 1,009 milles. Worked perfect as it should, FOG lock=folding; unlocking=unfolding and Oem fold/unfold worked as well. (NOTE, not same module, I bought a cheaper one on amzon for 25$) everything working fine, on middle of February the engine light came on, ford pass also showing problem with it and go to dealer as soon as posible. Short history, the truck spent 3 weeks on the dealer, master tech from ford involved, 1,489$ bill and a new pcm has to be installed and they said is because the module, they told me don’t do it again (I have a a lot of mod on my truck and they have no issues with that) but stated don’t mess with folding mirrow. I don’t know if it is true but I want to share my experience. When the light cames I try forscan and show me “vin information lost” same happened when they plugged their computer and nothing they couldn’t do even tried to reprogram everything without luck. Even when they install the new bcm/pcm couldn’t program until they took away (to the trash) he mirrows module.

just my experience that I want to share not saying is happening to you.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hello everyone, just a FYI.......... back on the beginning of January I did install an auto folding module for my mirrows on my 2019 Ranger XLT with 1,009 milles. Worked perfect as it should, FOG lock=folding; unlocking=unfolding and Oem fold/unfold worked as well. (NOTE, not same module, I bought a cheaper one on amzon for 25$) everything working fine, on middle of February the engine light came on, ford pass also showing problem with it and go to dealer as soon as posible. Short history, the truck spent 3 weeks on the dealer, master tech from ford involved, 1,489$ bill and a new pcm has to be installed and they said is because the module, they told me don’t do it again (I have a a lot of mod on my truck and they have no issues with that) but stated don’t mess with folding mirrow. I don’t know if it is true but I want to share my experience. When the light cames I try forscan and show me “vin information lost” same happened when they plugged their computer and nothing they couldn’t do even tried to reprogram everything without luck. Even when they install the new bcm/pcm couldn’t program until they took away (to the trash) he mirrows module.

just my experience that I want to share not saying is happening to you.
Maybe start your own post as this is not the module you used. This module does not interface with any module on the truck.

Aica0177

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Maybe start your own post as this is not the module you used. This module does not interface with any module on the truck.
I just did because is a big casualty that happened something alike to you. I meant bcm fried after a while to installed a folding module ? Even if they are not the same, they are probably manufactured by the same Chinese company And ford was really sure about to install this modules and fry the bcm. But is ok just let me know if you don’t feel good about it and I will delete the post. I thought it was a page to sure information and help each other with experience

Aica0177

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
by the way my break lights also did a intermittent problem and also it wasn’t because the re call. At the end they figured it out it was the main light switch, they replaced and problem gone. I used to used the switch always in auto they figured it out when the break lights didn’t work the turn the main light switch to off and than back to on or auto ans started to work. Just a fyi...

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
Is this still a thing? I'd be interested next time a group buy gets slapped together. I'm definitely not in a rush though.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
We're quite a ways from 20 minimum but I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Sponsored