First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger SXT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Grocery Management
Soooo that new Colorado ZR2 is down right sexy! The power is damn impressive. I’d be curious to sit my 6’2” ass in the driver seat and see what kind of room me and my kids have (previous gen Colorado is way cramped compared to my ‘21 Ranger. Should we assume Ford was patiently waiting for the release of the Colorado so they can shit all over it? Or will Ford come in soft by comparison? The Euro Ranger with the 3.0 has 391hp and 430tq. Assuming the US government does its thing they may not use that motor setup. Also in america we like hauling capability so I’d be curious as to how they balance that act.

The big question: Can either company actually fulfill orders in a timely fashion?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
The turbo 4 in the Chevy does look promising. I just Don't like the interior of those.

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Soooo that new Colorado ZR2 is down right sexy! The power is damn impressive. I’d be curious to sit my 6’2” ass in the driver seat and see what kind of room me and my kids have (previous gen Colorado is way cramped compared to my ‘21 Ranger. Should we assume Ford was patiently waiting for the release of the Colorado so they can shit all over it? Or will Ford come in soft by comparison? The Euro Ranger with the 3.0 has 391hp and 430tq. Assuming the US government does its thing they may not use that motor setup. Also in america we like hauling capability so I’d be curious as to how they balance that act.

The big question: Can either company actually fulfill orders in a timely fashion?
?

Banned.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Seriously I do have to agree by looking at the pictures of the new ZR2 (and Trail Boss) they do look nice. But pictures never tell the whole story and I'd like to see them in person to what if/what has changed from the previous ones. The 2.7 HO does have some good numbers but I've always heard the transmission is a problem with GM and we all know how everyone here is now about transmissions. :shock::rolleyes:

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I think those GM twins will be very competitive in the mid-size segment. I looked at them pretty hard when I was shopping and from what I could find in my research, the transmission issues were largely resolved via a change in fluid specs. But, time will tell.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Wait until you see the "ZR2 meteor." The Dinosaur killer.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/are-you-the-chevrolet-silverado-zr2-meteor/

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If ford doesn't release the PHEV version of the Ranger, my next truck may be a....

Toyota.

fc,550x550,navy.jpg