Rangers in SNOW

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silverado
No pics. But we got about 2 ft over the weekend here in the Denver Metro.

We shovel early and often at my house so driveway was clear. They NEVER plow residential streets here.

Pulled out of the garage and tried my old man method, 4 low, rear end locked. Got out into the street and was slightly hung up.

Got out to shovel, threw 2 or three shovels full, and thought a bit. I had noticed the "advance track off" message when I hit 4 low and wondered if all the doodads I paid for would do the work for me.

Got back in, 4 high, snow mode, rear locked, trail control set to 2 mph. Climbed right out.

Pulled a Ram out of the deep stuff on my 5 block drive to the liquor store.

Ford Fucking Ranger!
Get yourself some goodyear duratrac's.

BTW with better tires than the stock Hankooks I doubt I would've got hung up in the first place.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Tire upgrade will come at some point. But I'll probably wait till these are used up. Or a size increase is in order.

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Had a good few snow days

20210213_102405.jpg

20210213_014207.jpg

Little pre-winch spooling
20210213_134606.jpg

Hard to tell from this pic but this is a real steep hill and that Audi was stuck inches from sliding into that fella on the right. Ended up winching him backwards into the lot the following day after another 12 inches of snow fell.
20210213_011538.jpg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
The pails of sand that I put in the bed of the truck for extra traction on the winter roads come out today. Although we currently still have lots of snow in the forests, our roads are bare. Hec, my Ranger stayed clean my last two trips to town. We also have an above normal stretch of weather coming up, that will melt much of the snow in the forest and may yield the earliest ice out since 2012.

I am sure we will see more snow before this season is over, but nothing the Ranger cannot handle on it’s own.

I am starting to assemble my car detailing products, for the first major detail of the season, but I will wait for late April to do it.

3910C01B-7C62-44D9-AE1C-05BF956500AD.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Seen in the Ottawa NFS today which is located in the western UP of MI. Our snow is going down fast! :frown:

P1090939.jpg
P1090986.jpg
Arly, your dog is on point in every picture you post. I bet he’d take down a black bear if it got too close.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Arly, your dog is on point in every picture you post. I bet he’d take down a black bear if it got too close.
Not sure he'll diminished the B bear population, but he does like to hunt. We need to keep him on a short lead (a control term) or he'll kill wildlife. Side bar is he's in all the photo's because we take them for the dogs blog. :shock:

Last edited:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Today we ventured up the Keweenaw to the Poor Rock Abby trails near Eagle Harbor MI. The Abby is on the lake shore were as this mine and trails is part way up the bluff. The mine ruins are from the Arnold Mine which was ran in around 1860 to 63.

And a historical, industrial question for you all. Why can't we see any mortar in the building foundation in the bottom photos??

P1090993.jpg
P1100036.jpg
P1100010.jpg
P1100013.jpg
P1100011.jpg

Last edited:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
OK guys, with this super early spring happening here and low snow. We've got darn few snow photos anymore. But here's one.

No one tried my historical, industrial question in the last post???

P1100110.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
No one tried my historical, industrial question in the last post???

I believe this is an old technique called "dry stone" They used smaller rocks and shims to secure the stones in place.
Thanks Sailor but that's not quite right. There was a materiel used as mortar.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I just wanna share that I love this thing in the snow. Helped me get through 12" of snow up here in Calgary. So many people didn't make it out of their driveway and I was at work on time. Throw on winters and you will never get stuck unless you are really pushing your luck.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Arly, this is why I like the Super Cab. You can put your Skis' in the Bed and your dog safely behind the seats.
Different thread, but I'd not even dream of owning that stub of a box, on a truck. :crazy:
Sponsored