Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
is it just me or did Ford design the ranger to dump half the snow off the roof into the drivers seat when you open the door to get the snow brush.
Hi Langley,

Finally, Finally they incorporated this feature on the the Ranger. I so wanted this on the 4G but never got a chance to have the door dump inside the cab to allow it to clean out the dust of the summer. Glad to hear it is now there for 5G! :)

A bit of a back story on a snow dump. Wife and I were just engaged but not married. I had moved in to her Condo as she broke her arm and I was nurse Phil. Her daughter and her boyfriend were to fly to Florida to spend time with her father. So here we are in this heavy snow storm heading to Detroit Metro in my Escape with a auto open sun roof. Snow on the roof was about 7"... This was when I found out Margie is a button pusher. She looked at the overhead set of switches and remarked what to these do and pressed the auto open...once initiated there is no stopping the sun roof and it dumped a ton of snow into our laps. Daughter in the back seat was in tears laughing...I had to pull off the road to open the doors in this snow storm and clean out the seats and my lap from the snow as well as that snow that went down our backs... Margie entered the Escape after that with a sheepish grin... her words... Well...I won't do that again... So in the 16 years of marriage since...she is still a button (or mouse clicker) pusher....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
is it just me or did Ford design the ranger to dump half the snow off the roof into the drivers seat when you open the door to get the snow brush.
I think that's been a feature since they did away with drip rails. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's been a feature since they did away with drip rails. ?
Early Proof of Concept testing from Phil’s archives....

A52525B7-FB4A-43DD-B48B-B98419679A6E.jpeg

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I love playing in the snow, my wife HATES it. So I go solo...
I just hate the antilock brake/traction control or whatever makes that racket. Takes the fun out of it for me.

Deleted member 1634

A shot, not necessarily of snow, but all the salt and sand my Ranger had accumulated. As well as the camper. This was a week ago on the 2nd day of our 9 day trip to the SE. First day started at -39F, didn't get above 0F for our whole 650 miles of travel that day. Second day it finally got above 0F as we headed further south.

IMG_20210214_083619952_HDR.jpg

All of this had washed off in the rain once we got far enough south to get above freezing. Enjoyed a few days with a clean truck, then got it all covered again on the drive home. Oh well.