First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Took the Ranger out in the snow today. Could have worked at home but what fun is that!? 14" of wet and heavy. Did well on the unplowed sidestreets in 4H this morning and on the highway alternating between 2 and 4H. After I cleaned off the truck leaving work, I took the opportunity to go across the street to our unplowed lot and do a few donuts. Almost got it stuck and needed 2L and a little back and forth to get it free. Ride home was mostly clear. We haven't had this amount of snow at once since I bought the truck so it was fun to go and play.
20201201_in the snow.jpg
20201201_anger.jpg

Not sure the truck was happy that play time was over. ?

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone had a chance to take their new 2019 Ranger out in the snow yet?
in SE Lower Michigan we just got our firs real snow of the year. about 7" in my area.
I'm in Escanaba in the UP and we don't have any snow yet. 2020 sure is a strange year. ?

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
We only received 8 “ of snow, as it stopped sooner than expected. It did get cold enough to put a little ice on the lake. No Ranger pictures playing in the snow. The day was consumed by plowing, shoveling, tree cutting and hauling, ATVing and socializing on ATV’s. The Ranger never left the garage. Driveway got cleared and the Snow banks pushed back. My buddy likes to carve with a chain saw, so we got him two 8’ pieces of bass wood. He likely will make bears out of them. Great sunny day to be outside!

34352D3C-CAEC-4710-8E13-C042537D7B8F.jpeg

4C6C0D16-A80E-432F-9752-A99BE6215766.jpeg

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The day was consumed by plowing, shoveling, tree cutting and hauling, ATVing and socializing on ATV’s. The Ranger never left the garage. Driveway got cleared and the Snow banks pushed back
This is what I consider FUN!!. Some people will never understand......
Or Maybe Im the weird one ?

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I consider FUN!!. Some people will never understand......
Or Maybe Im the weird one ?
I consider it fun as well it was a great day! I love winter!

When the grandkids come at Christmas (if Covid allows it), we tobaggan down the driveway, make giant snowforts, skate and ice fish on the lake, have snowball fights, drive the ATV on the lake (if the ice is safe), etc, etc.

This year we will have our first ice hut on the lake. We will likely spend more time out of it, than in it.

20D81BA6-FD98-46B1-896B-584E34BC864B.png

009B55C4-D514-415E-AFB6-AA7A449B107B.png

6AE82CA2-2433-4E0F-A633-1C94BEA92127.png

7E4D7A8F-392A-4209-AE2A-7459637EABF1.jpeg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Making a rink on a lake is tough, because it is really weather dependent. Eventually Mother Nature makes good ice to skate.

i am still trying to make it to the lake On the sled. Going one direction around the house, I have made it to the final drop off, but that drop off is scary. The other way is longer with a gentler slope, but using we have a jump that way that kills the run. Making it to the lake would be super cool.

I have had several memorable New Year’s Eves on the lake. Good times.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I think we need a Yooper thread on the forum. ?
I actually spent a weekend in Escanaba one night. :LOL:
Actually I spent 2 nights there. One on the way up to Lake Gogebic and another unplanned on the way back. We had a group of guys rent a place for fishing and a bearing went bad on the boat trailer in the middle of nowhere past Manistique. No parts places or repair shops nearby and being Saturday afternoon, any I could have gotten to would have been closed by the time I got there. Had the trailer towed to a wrecking yard and auto repair place in Manistique and sent the rest of the guys on their way. Very nice guys at the repair shop got me back on the road on a Sunday. Everything was booked in the area Saturday night and finally found a room in Escanaba. Would have slept in the truck but figured I needed a real bed to be rested for the 8+hr drive I had the next day by myself.
Beautiful area and plan to head back that way with my wife when the plague clears. Hopefully next summer.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I actually spent a weekend in Escanaba one night. :LOL:
Actually I spent 2 nights there. One on the way up to Lake Gogebic and another unplanned on the way back. We had a group of guys rent a place for fishing and a bearing went bad on the boat trailer in the middle of nowhere past Manistique. No parts places or repair shops nearby and being Saturday afternoon, any I could have gotten to would have been closed by the time I got there. Had the trailer towed to a wrecking yard and auto repair place in Manistique and sent the rest of the guys on their way. Very nice guys at the repair shop got me back on the road on a Sunday. Everything was booked in the area Saturday night and finally found a room in Escanaba. Would have slept in the truck but figured I needed a real bed to be rested for the 8+hr drive I had the next day by myself.
Beautiful area and plan to head back that way with my wife when the plague clears. Hopefully next summer.
Yep, our little area of Paradise that is almost off the grid. If you like forest, lakes and nature this is the place.

banerjek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Mine's seen a fair amount of snow action -- it performs well. I still pack chains and a hand winch just in case though. Definitely have had my hands full in the deeper stuff.