Rangers in SNOW

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Probably not nearly 7" of snow, but this video should give you an idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that dealer is where i bought my ranger ,great dealer! good old dillsburg,Pa.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
We usually don't get 30" of snow at a time here, that was a pretty freak occurrence. We actually don't get that much snow overall really. Only about 80-100" over the 7-8 months of winter, which isn't that much relatively speaking. I've thought about a plow like that on a 4 wheeler or side-by-side, or even upgrading my lawn mower to something bigger than can do it all, but we just don't get enough snow and my driveway isn't long enough to warrant it in my opinion. But they are definitely a need in other areas for sure. Definitely had to have one growing up in the UP with a 1/4 mile long rural driveway. haha
Oh holy hell Matt, that's like a "snowmagedon" to an old southern boy like me. You Minnesotans must be a hardy bunch. Me, Imma wimp when it come to 3" of that white stuff. :)

Deleted member 1634

Oh holy hell Matt, that's like a "snowmagedon" to an old southern boy like me. You Minnesotans must be a hardy bunch. Me, Imma wimp when it come to 3" of that white stuff. :)
I grew up in the UP of Michigan (near where @Arly currently resides), where they average around 300" of snow a year, and the record is 399" of snow. It essentially snows every single day in winter. I miss it quite a bit. So the 80-100" we see here where I currently am is not that much really, relatively.

In Minnesota we get the cold. Too cold to snow most of the time actually, that's why we don't get that much. Usually there's a week or two straight every year in February where it doesn't get above 0F. A couple winters ago it didn't get above -20F for 4 days in a row. That's the same year we had air temps down to -56F (the record is -60F) with windchills near -75F. That was a pretty cold 100yd walk from the truck to the front door at work. haha

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
To further elaborate on what the1mrb says, we moved out of Duluth in 96 or abouts, to the south shore for the skiing. Here where lake effect snow occurs, the temps rarely gets as low as zero. But over the summer, our average highs are in low 70's. Most people here don't have AC in there homes. This is what the attic in our garage looks like. All the skis we own are not seen here. Ya, it is terrible having fun outdoor, year around. :clap:

SKIS773.jpg
Margo skis the River trail (cropped).jpg
:crackup:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I grew up in the UP of Michigan (near where @Arly currently resides), where they average around 300" of snow a year, and the record is 399" of snow. It essentially snows every single day in winter. I miss it quite a bit. So the 80-100" we see here where I currently am is not that much really, relatively.

In Minnesota we get the cold. Too cold to snow most of the time actually, that's why we don't get that much. Usually there's a week or two straight every year in February where it doesn't get above 0F. A couple winters ago it didn't get above -20F for 4 days in a row. That's the same year we had air temps down to -56F (the record is -60F) with windchills near -75F. That was a pretty cold 100yd walk from the truck to the front door at work. haha
300+” is a hec of a lot of lake effect snow. We get lake effect snow, but our average is more like 129” If we were in the 300” range, I would have to own a fair sized tractor with a large blower on it, to make it to the road.

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
0BE5B757-A590-46AF-864E-4FFD8203B837.jpeg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Shouldn't be a shock, the city, county, business and state here are all used to snow. Since they've seen it before, they have the equipment to deal with it in a timely fashion. We rarely see schools closed for snow. Wind or cold yes, but snow volume is pretty rare closer. I believe we have 2 or 3 days per year that the schools close for some reason. We have a honda blower but since I got my 6x6 set up with a blade a few years ago, I just about retired it. Long live XC snow! :clap:
boss plows311.jpg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Shouldn't be a shock, the city, county, business and state here are all used to snow. Since they've seen it before, they have the equipment to deal with it in a timely fashion. We rarely see schools closed for snow. Wind or cold yes, but snow volume is pretty rare closer. I believe we have 2 or 3 days per year that the schools close for some reason. We have a honda blower but since I got my 6x6 set up with a blade a few years ago, I just about retired it. Long live XC snow! :clap:
boss plows311.jpg
I guess as long as you have a place to push it.

I have a quad with a plow and all of the Parking areas at the bottom of the driveway, I can push in a gulley and actually make a snow bridge to the other side of the gulley, maybe 40’ away. My steep driveway is another issue. It is only about a truck and half wide. I can push it off to the side with the ATV, but eventually late in the winter I have to use a snow scoop to push it further away. Another 100” would be challenging.

I do mind doing the snow removal, it is just another day and good exercise.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

That is a lot. I thought 135" was bad, but the problem is it stays below freezing around the clock for months so it never goes down, only accumulates. When you aren't around for a week or so you shovel or hike in to the snowblower.

drive 021719.jpg

dogs 021519.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
That is a lot. I thought 135" was bad, but the problem is it stays below freezing around the clock for months so it never goes down, only accumulates. When you aren't around for a week or so you shovel or hike in to the snowblower.

drive 021719.jpg

dogs 021519.jpg
Beautiful!