RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Wife n I bought a Used Saturn (1 yr old) in the late 90s in Franklin TN and I’ll never forget that buying experience. The whole dang place gathered together and said some kinda inspirational saying all in unison and cheered us as we walked out the door.

Too bad the car was a complete pos.
We didn't have any real problem with our Saturns but they certainly were not the best cars out there. Plastic everywhere and poor build quality (especially by today's standards). Had they been higher quality I wonder if they'd still be around today? Or maybe being part of GM, they were doomed anyway.
Sponsored

Deleted member 15875

Yes, I know it's a ranger raptor...hence my point. It's running massive tires, big offset, and very expensive suspension with the very specific goal of being Baja 1000 capable.

Whether you can buy it like that or not, it's a hight performance version of a normal Ranger that people try to emulate because it's either unavailable or they can't afford it.

I guess I don't understand your point.
It's running stock suspension.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
...very expensive stock suspension designed with the baja 1000 in mind.

Whats your point in bringing up people changing offset and running bigger tires?
the suspension its running true isnt cheap buuut i wouldnt say its designed to run in the baja its designed for the business man to go to the store and work and back duuuuh. but for real it looks to be a mid travel setup with fox shocks so about 3400-4k worth of parts not to bad tbh

he is talking about people with more offset then sense where the entire wheel about pokes out the fender if im getting him correctly
What's my point? LOL....Ok forum bully.
i dont think he is bullying... just asking why bring it up? idk try wording it differently maybe?

Deleted member 15875

the suspension its running true isnt cheap buuut i wouldnt say its designed to run in the baja its designed for the business man to go to the store and work and back duuuuh. but for real it looks to be a mid travel setup with fox shocks so about 3400-4k worth of parts not to bad tbh

he is talking about people with more offset then sense where the entire wheel about pokes out the fender if im getting him correctly

i dont think he is bullying... just asking why bring it up? idk try wording it differently maybe?
I have nothing to add other than you seemed to understand my general observation.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I have nothing to add other than you seemed to understand my general observation.
i gotcha i figured i knew what you were meaning but not everyone in here prob does thats why i said maybe reword it maybe but eh he should be able to get it with what i said

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I considered this; I would buy a new RR, ugly front end and all, if Ford ever moved to a direct sales model. Until then F that, I can already see $50,000+ market adjustment tags flying off the printer.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This thing is running on 35" tires that are about 20% wider than what comes on a stock tremor...which they can fit due the aftermarket bumper and long travel suspension kit clearly pictured here.

Most folks aren't coming even close to the tire size and stance they gave this raptor.
Hi Folks,

So lets get one thing straight.. I managed Ford Truck Off Road Racing for 25 of my 30 year career.
Ford does and WILL NOT CHEAT...take advantage of the rules...Yep! So you couch arm chair quarterbacks, I have been there and part of the builds of stock vehicle under the rules.

Take your opinions here or elsewhere but there was no way Ford decided to cheat....Rules allow us to spend $50,000...yep...been there, done this but cheat...nope. Rule interpretation...Gray area cleared with Ford Racing for approval...

Best,
Phil

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

So lets get one thing straight.. I managed Ford Truck Off Road Racing for 25 of my 30 year career.
Ford does and WILL NOT CHEAT...take advantage of the rules...Yep! So you couch arm chair quarterbacks, I have been there and part of the builds of stock vehicle under the rules.

Take your opinions here or elsewhere but there was no way Ford decided to cheat....Rules allow us to spend $50,000...yep...been there, done this but cheat...nope. Rule interpretation...Gray area cleared with Ford Racing for approval...

Best,
Phil
I just misspoke with the aftermarket comment...not implying anyone cheated here

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What's my point? LOL....Ok forum bully.

I understand what he's talking about - I'm just saying it doesn't make sense when the raptor has a wider stance and way bigger tires than most modified rangers. Maybe I'm misinterpreting his tone, but he seems to be looking down on people that modify their truck's suspension while somehow praising a truck with the same features because it's OEM and has wide fenders.

I guess challenging that attitude makes me a bully?

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The observation was obvious...I'm simply asking: what's your point? It sounds like you're looking down on modified trucks while praising OEM vehicles with the same, or more extreme, features.
The modified trucks you mentioned are actually closer to the raptor you'll find in the showroom than any stock ranger.

If pointing that out makes me a bully, then I don't know what to tell you.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
There was a manufacturer here years ago that tried doing this. I can't remember if it was Hyundai or Toyota but they use to advertise a No Haggle deal trying to make the car buying experience better. I don't think it lasted long because all the rest never joined in. I absolutely hate dealing with car dealers now and dread buying the next Ranger.
First: Full credit to my selling and service dealerships - straight shooters and nice folks. Even when it came to considering an extended warranty, the Business Manager was great to work with.

Toyota dealers in Canada tried the no-haggle thing a while back. They advertised it heavily for some time. I remember being very skeptical about it, assuming their vehicles must be heavily marked up or that they would low ball your trade-in. That’s a sad commentary on the reputation and behaviour of dealerships, but they’ve brought it on themselves. So bad that in Ontario, we had to actually put legislation in place to make them understand it is illegal for them to be misleading or lie to customers. ☹

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I think it was also Toyota that got called out for advertising bottom dollar deals to attract people in the door, and never having those cars available for sale. They would essentially try to upsell you to a higher model and were quite successful is getting people to overpay on their budget
Sponsored