Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 Lariat came OEM 18s and spare was a 16in
That doesn't seem right from what everyone else is seeing. What size does your door say it should be?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
And flip it over so you can access the valve stem and check the pressure.
And lube up the chain and moving parts to lower it down...

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
That doesn't seem right from what everyone else is seeing. What size does your door say it should be?

I checked the sticker and it is has the 16 inch spare. For me it's not a big deal, I have a 3in lift with 32's and aftermarket tires so bought a matching wheel and tire.

Mach-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My 2019 Lariat came with 18" wheels, the spare is a 17" steelie. I took the spare down and rolled it up next to the 18's and they are the same OD size. Concerning the spare, you want it to work when you need it, so don't neglect it! Every time I do an oil change, I crank the spare down, clean it and check pressure. I then lubricate the chain trolley thing and lubricate the the key-lock plug thing too. (those are famous for getting frozen up and becoming non-functional) An ounce of prevention...

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Mine is full size.

PXL_20220226_034911123.jpg
John, your's is a Tremor, right? If so, you bought the premium version of the Ranger. I have the low line, and was lucky to even get an engine. :)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
John, your's is a Tremor, right? If so, you bought the premium version of the Ranger. I have the low line, and was lucky to even get an engine. :)
then you likely have the engine version that comes with oil in the fuel or is the other way around ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
then you likely have the engine version that comes with oil in the fuel or is the other way around ?
Oil in the fuel is no big deal...
In fact, since oil is a lubricant, it actually makes the fuel flow better, and also lubes the fuel lines.
Any residue not burned off during combustion will flow thru the exhaust and lube the muffler bearings and the sliding muffler bi-fungle ratchet upon exiting the system.

foxunderhill

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Occupation
Soldier
Found this out myself a few weeks ago. I had something puncture my tire on the highway and made it to the ford dealership just in time. I had just passed another car with a tire completely blown apart, figure I hit the same thing. Tire went from 34 down to 4psi when I pulled into the service bay, and it went completely flat while I was talking to the service advisor. Dealership quoted $280 installed for one new Hankook Dynapro 18", but it ended up being a neat small hole that they plugged for $40. I don't like replacing tires piecemeal and I wanted to replace all 4 with larger Cooper Discoverer AT4s.

Service advisor took a look at the spare underneath, couldn't tell what brand tire it was, but it had a smaller steel rim and the tread pattern was shallower, more like a street tire than the Dynapros. Now I want to get another OEM wheel with the right tire so I can just swap it out.

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
... Now I want to get another OEM wheel with the right tire so I can just swap it out.
When I built up our matching spare, I purchased a matching take-off wheel from OEM Wheel Shop. Wheel had once tiny scratch, otherwise like new. Fast reasonable well-packed shipping by UPS. Great customer service, call with questions.

https://www.oemwheelshop.com/search?q=2020* ford* ranger*&type=product

I oriented the spare valve stem towards the passenger tail lamp which makes it easy to reach up and over for pressure checks with a handheld gauge.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Found this out myself a few weeks ago. I had something puncture my tire on the highway and made it to the ford dealership just in time. I had just passed another car with a tire completely blown apart, figure I hit the same thing. Tire went from 34 down to 4psi when I pulled into the service bay, and it went completely flat while I was talking to the service advisor. Dealership quoted $280 installed for one new Hankook Dynapro 18", but it ended up being a clean small puncture that they plugged for $40. I don't like replacing tires piecemeal and I wanted to replace all 4 with larger Cooper Discoverer AT4s.

Service advisor took a look at the spare underneath, couldn't tell what brand tire it was, but it had a smaller steel rim and the tread pattern was shallower, more like a street tire than the Dynapros. Now I want to get another OEM wheel with the right tire so I can just swap it out.

well whats the door sticker show it should have? did you buy the truck used?

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
wow. OK, I'll agree with you then, thats a weird combo. clearly the spare is a taller skinnier tire. but I wonder why the heck they used a 16" rim.

I didnt like my 18" rims to start with, I bought off the lot. so I replaced them with 17" Tremor wheels and tires. and since my spare rim was already a 17" I put on a matching tire, but kept the steel wheel since its just a spare. I dont plan to rotate my spare into service ever, but like you , I wanted a same size/style tire for a spare.