Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
this might be the third of fourth thread on it now
And yet it still hasn't been posted on TW.

Of if it was it immediately got moved to forum purgatory, which is entirely possible.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
One bit of confidence when choosing the Ranger was that it was a mature platform when it arrived to the USA and seemed quite popular overseas. Seeing that article though was impressive, even beat the Ridgeline? Dang.

Love our Ranger so far, tows way better than it probably should and hope it last a while as I see it as a keeper. Only real complaint my wife has is the small interior when we tow our travel trailer. She day dreams of the F250 interior space from our rental. A truck I loved too but the price and living with it in the city would not have been as fun.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Toyota needs to step up their game. The Tacoma is an old, tired design with a gutless V6… the fan boy buyers won’t keep sales up..

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Toyota needs to step up their game. The Tacoma is an old, tired design with a gutless V6… the fan boy buyers won’t keep sales up..
True story. They didn't need to do much, so they didn't. And until the market dictates otherwise, they likely won't.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
I'm surprised. I've mostly written off CR as a stooge for the Japanese and Asian auto manufacturers. Especially when it comes to 'adjudicated' ratings like comfort, style, etc.
But I assume reliability ratings require more data than opinion. ....seems CR will find a way to skew these if possible.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
Seeing the redesigned Taco for 23 I'm struck by how they just keep getting uglier and uglier
Everytime I see one, i just think "that is ugly as f***". Even if they were the most reliable vehicle on earth, I couldn't own it just for how ugly they are.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
One bit of confidence when choosing the Ranger was that it was a mature platform when it arrived to the USA and seemed quite popular overseas. Seeing that article though was impressive, even beat the Ridgeline? Dang.

Love our Ranger so far, tows way better than it probably should and hope it last a while as I see it as a keeper. Only real complaint my wife has is the small interior when we tow our travel trailer. She day dreams of the F250 interior space from our rental. A truck I loved too but the price and living with it in the city would not have been as fun.
Went from an F250 to the Ranger. You are right about living with the 250 in the city. They are really BIG. Great for towing and roominess but not for parking in the city. Even if you can stuff it in a parking space the rear sticks out about 2 feet. And about 6 or 7 more MPG with the Ranger.

Ranger and SD.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised. I've mostly written off CR as a stooge for the Japanese and Asian auto manufacturers. Especially when it comes to 'adjudicated' ratings like comfort, style, etc.
But I assume reliability ratings require more data than opinion. ....seems CR will find a way to skew these if possible.

My thoughts exactly.

CR has no credibility with me and they keep sending me these some what deceptive emails even years after I quit subscribing.

1638206192760.png

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
My next door neighbor's boyfriend (drives a Tacoma) mentioned this to me the other day. Said he wasn't surprised at all with issues he's had with his. He also said he's planning on trading for a Ranger after checking mine out.