Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 F150 94 F150 92 Ranger 97 Ranger
Occupation
Truck driver
my new ranger, loving it so far... got stuff ordered for it

ranger.jpg
Love the chrome package, part of me wishes I would have ordered that instead!
Sponsored

StopherTopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I fell in love as soon as I saw the truck. I knew it was the ranger I was going to get too. Even through my back and forth with the dealer, they knew I was going to buy it lol. Searched around a short time after my 99 ranger was totaled. Am so happy to have found it. Truly is my little baby. Pretty simplistic Lariat 2x4 but slowly getting there aesthetically and in performance.
3DE3196E-BCD2-40C7-9AA3-28C13B40FE36.jpeg
DA453086-1F31-4928-A95F-21CF24BFC9A1.jpeg

maxarcher

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot
Here's my '20 XLT 300A FX4. Got it used, an ex-Avis rental truck oddly enough, about a month ago, and I wasn't specifically looking for RR but it was the best combo of options, mileage, condition, and price. I wish it were a 301a, just for the sport appearance package (and mine weirdly has a body-colored lower front valence, maybe a special-order Avis thing?) but I think I'll just get some aftermarket bumpers down the line, black powder coat should look pretty great on the red truck. So far, though, my only "mod" is a set of stock-size Wildpeak AT3Ws. It's my first truck, and my first automatic vehicle, after nearly 20 years of driving small, sporty cars, most recently a Fiesta ST that I bought new at the end of 2013 and had until trading it in on the Ranger.

I just got back yesterday from a roadtrip up and down Highway 395, along the eastern side of the Sierras. The Ranger did great, averaged 23mpg for the whole ~1000mi round trip despite the A/T tires, performed amazingly at high altitude, and made for the easiest 7 hour drive I've ever done. I also got it off pavement for the first time during the trip, visiting Bodie Ghost Town, which involved a very badly washboarded gravel road on the way up and a steep, narrow, somewhat rocky gravel road on the way down, and it let me try out Trail Control, which as a novice was awesome for keeping speed down on the descent.

Here's one near Topaz Lake just after crossing the Nevada border.
1KaxuXd.jpg

And one on the road down from Bodie.
a6sxK36.jpg
Sponsored