Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Not entirely true if you get 0% APR.
This is true, and something I unfortunately did not get since I bought it "used".

also your occupation - I love haha, I do the same thing....

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Not entirely true if you get 0% APR.
This is true, and something I unfortunately did not get since I bought it "used".

also your occupation - I love haha, I do the same thing....
Like I used to say until I retired last month, I'm from the government and I am here to help.........

OP
OP
l0rdv8r

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Like I used to say until I retired last month, I'm from the government and I am here to help.........
that's what the people in the white coats tell me everytime they show up!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar situation but on my GT500. Bought it six months ago but for me it was purely a toy/weekend driver. I could not pass up $8,000 over what I paid.
That being said, I have a car, well truck, to drive. Not having a vehicle for the both of us would be too inconvenient. I am recently retired and we could make it work, but not worth the hassle.
If it's not a money deal, keep the truck.

I needed to add that the prices on used are high right now buying and selling as we all know. If you sell you will have to buy used and guess what, those prices are high thus you getting that much for your used truck.
I saw one report that said used car prices are up 29% and used truck prices are up 39%. I guess it's all about where you live and how much they are up. You're getting more for the truck but you're also paying more for whatever you buy used and you don't know what you're buying. Whatever you do make sure you use a Carfax report. One dirt bag at Carmax tried to sell me a truck with 21,000 miles on it but when I ran the Carfax it had six previous owners and last reported mileage was 67,000 miles. I looked underneath of it and it was all rusted out like it had come from snow country and salted roads.
I think your wife likes driving that truck. It is so much fun with that turbo and the sound it makes.. Once in a while you will regret getting rid of that truck. Perhaps your wife would like to alternate driving that and her vehicle? I let my Filipina wife drive mine for the first time last week and she was just all oogaly googly about it. I had stopped on the road and when she got in to drive, it I told her floor it and then while we were driving along I told her to kick that turbo in. Pedal to the metal. I think she wants me to take over her little Honda now lol. Not gonna happen! Best of luck in whatever you decide!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Used+car+prices+are+up

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I saw one report that said use car prices are up 29% and use truck prices are up 39%. I guess it's all about where you live and how much they are up. You're getting more for the truck but you're also paying more for whatever you buy used and you don't know what you're buying. Whatever you do make sure you use a Carfax report. One dirt bag at Carmax tried to sell me a truck with 21,000 miles on it but when I ran the Carfax it had six previous owners and last reported mileage was 67,000 miles. I looked underneath of it and it was all rusted out like it had come from snow country and salted roads.
I think your wife likes driving that truck. It is so much fun with that turbo and the sound it makes.. Once in a while you will regret getting rid of that truck. Perhaps your wife would like to alternate driving that and her vehicle? I let my Filipina wife drive mine for the first time last week and she was just all oogaly googly about it. I had stopped on the road and when she got in to drive, it I told her floor it and then while we were driving along I told her to kick that turbo in. Pedal to the metal. I think she wants me to take over her little Honda now lol. Not gonna happen! Best of luck in whatever you decide!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Used+car+prices+are+up

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen in the back of the new Ford Expedition STX? No rear seat. Cargo area is enormous with the seats folded down. If they were the same price as lower model F150’s I would consider one.

But having a bed is pretty handy too.
Yep, pretty handy because the alternative sure sucks…

BA32C225-DB1F-4563-B2CF-20EED4D3246D.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Wait a little bit & talk to your wife again, giving her all the reasons ya’ll need to get rid of it. She will probably come around. I wouldn’t keep paying for something I don’t use or necessarily want. :)

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Carmax gave me an offer yesterday of $37,800, I paid $36,600 18 months ago. I'm seriously considering it, while I like the Ranger everyone else complains about the space/ride. I have a Bronco reservation so I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

I also hardly drive it, the only thing I need it for now is to tow the jetski and mower. I think I could do either with almost anything.
Sponsored