First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I should probably play around with it more. We're heading down to MX next month on the 17th and I'll have time to as it's a 2.5 hour drive. I'm like Ed and a creature of habit and don't like change. :confused:
I totally get that. I'm the only person I know who still pays all their bills with a check and a stamp.

I've never been a big fan of SYNC, so I was happy to play with AA enough to figure it out when I got my first vehicle with it.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I totally get that. I'm the only person I know who still pays all their bills with a check and a stamp.

I've never been a big fan of SYNC, so I was happy to play with AA enough to figure it out when I got my first vehicle with it.
You need to come out from the Stone Age. lol I might write 2-3 checks a year now since going to online banking years ago. I didn't like it at first (that change thing again) but it really is super convenient especially now with the price of stamps.

I try to charge everything I can on my CC then pay it off every month. This way it's easier to contain everything (personal/business) and make one payment which is usually just an ETF from my bank account. Plus I rack up tons of points this way which I can use as either a credit on my card or cash out for a check.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You need to come out from the Stone Age. lol I might write 2-3 checks a year now since going to online banking years ago. I didn't like it at first (that change thing again) but it really is super convenient especially now with the price of stamps.

I try to charge everything I can on my CC then pay it off every month. This way it's easier to contain everything (personal/business) and make one payment which is usually just an ETF from my bank account. Plus I rack up tons of points this way which I can use as either a credit on my card or cash out for a check.
I use a CC for most stuff for points benefits as well. Just haven't gotten on board with electronic bill pay. Part of it is a control thing I think. I keep telling myself, one day!

OP
OP
Fordup

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I write checks also. Love having a cabinet full of statements that I scan in every couple years and then shred to use as fire starters for the wood stove. They take my woodstove and I may consider online banking :shock:.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I write checks also. Love having a cabinet full of statements that I scan in every couple years and then shred to use as fire starters for the wood stove. They take my woodstove and I may consider online banking :shock:.
See I only have 12 statements now and I'm saving trees in the process. Greta approves! :like:

1674937876843.png

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
where I live, 5g reception is very spotty and localized so I can't say that I would ever notice if the way I keep it in my ranger would make a difference.

On short drives, my phone stays in my pocket. on longer drives, it goes on a wireless charging mat in the cubby under the dash.

OP
OP
Fordup

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
where I live, 5g reception is very spotty and localized so I can't say that I would ever notice if the way I keep it in my ranger would make a difference.

On short drives, my phone stays in my pocket. on longer drives, it goes on a wireless charging mat in the cubby under the dash.
I see where some cars like BMW with wireless chargers have a signal booster built into the chargers to help with 5g signals. It's funny looking at the carrier map. The signals split right behind my house so heading east there are miles of 4g and heading west there's about 50 miles of 5g with a few 4g spots.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Same. I haven't paid for an airline ticket for vacation in years.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I cancelled the hotspot in the truck, use wireless Apple Play on a charging pad. At home I live close to a tower so get 5G internet at 300MBs for $25/month, as for a mount I just use a friction mount next to the HAM radio on the same tray mount.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
This week I cancled my ATT hotspots in our car and the ranger. Also canceled their old burner pay as you go phone that was 3 or 4g. I decided to get a real phone service with a 5g lower end Samsung A53 phone with hotspot and internet to replace everything. I have been looking for a decent phone mount and in the threads I see many use magnetic mounts that I like. But from the phone manual and other threads online I see 5g phones need a big antennae inside the back of the case and it should not be blocked by metal. Actually the back is best facing the windshield for best reception in an auto. Just wondering if anyone has seen reception problems on 5g networks with the big metal plate from magnetic mounts glued on or if it's not an issue. Also do the plates glued to the phone become magnetic over time. Thanks for any input.
https://www.weathertech.ca/en/weath...ub4KUc7C_kJozztXmcY7teF_j-D2aQKBoCYyoQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Fordup

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)