First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I received my ProCal 4 unit, went to the Ford Performance web site and was asked for a "voucher ID". Where is this number located? I assume that I have to enter this number before it will let me download any software, because I do not see a "download" button.
Sponsored

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I received my ProCal 4 unit, went to the Ford Performance web site and was asked for a "voucher ID". Where is this number located? I assume that I have to enter this number before it will let me download any software, because I do not see a "download" button.
In the package you received there is a yellow sheet of paper that has the voucher ID

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
No yellow sheet of paper - I bought this on ebay advertised as "new".
Oof.
Try to get your money back if it is the tune you are after. The voucher ID is tied to the tune, much like a cell phones IMEI number. You can buy a ProCal4 without the tune, but buying the tune is essentially buying that voucher ID, and they throw in the ProCal4 for “free”.

OP
OP
ArkyRanger

ArkyRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Oof.
Try to get your money back if it is the tune you are after. The voucher ID is tied to the tune, much like a cell phones IMEI number. You can buy a ProCal4 without the tune, but buying the tune is essentially buying that voucher ID, and they throw in the ProCal4 for “free”.
I definitely want a tune for my Ranger, so I am returning the item. Thanks for all your help...

OP
OP
ArkyRanger

ArkyRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
No problem. I purchased from Levittown Ford. They had the best price at the time.
So, if I understand this correctly, you buy the ProCal 4 and it comes with a tune for the Ranger? Do they have different tunes for like towing, etc?

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
So, if I understand this correctly, you buy the ProCal 4 and it comes with a tune for the Ranger? Do they have different tunes for like towing, etc?
You buy ProCal, connect to your computer, enter voucher, and download the computer software to your computer. Then connect ProCal to your OBDII port and read the stock tune. Connect to your computer again and start the software. It will upload to their servers. You'll then get the FPP tune. Then you connect back to your truck and load the tune.

Simple, right?

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
No, only one tune.

I have both and much happier with the driveability of Livernois, even though I have read (here) that the FP is from Livernois.

From Livernois, I opted to get the two 91-93 Performance tunes and the TOW Tune.

1610311319945.png

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
Nope, buying the ProCal4 does NOT get you a tune. It just gets you the ProCal4 device. Buying the “Ford Performance Pack” for the Ranger gets you a tune, a ProCal4 device, and a K&N filter. Buying this pack is the only way to get a tune from Ford. Once I get home I will update the thread with a part number for you, or you could search on here or use google.

As another member has said, you could opt for the Livernois tune that has separate tunes for specific applications unlike the Ford Performance Pack. I have heard good things, but the only caveat is it does not come with a warranty. I opted to have the warranty only because I also have an extended warranty and don’t want the dealer to cancel it if they get wind of an aftermarket tune.

OP
OP
ArkyRanger

ArkyRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
M-9603-REB

^^ That is the part number for the tune if you had not found it already.
OK, thanks, but I only need the tune and the device to put it on my Ranger. I already have installed a Roush cold air intake so I don't want to buy the entire Ford Perf. package which apparently includes a filter from K&N. Is this possible?

OP
OP
ArkyRanger

ArkyRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
No, only one tune.

I have both and much happier with the driveability of Livernois, even though I have read (here) that the FP is from Livernois.

From Livernois, I opted to get the two 91-93 Performance tunes and the TOW Tune.

1610311319945.png
Are you worried about any warranty issues that may arise and having the Livernois tune on the truck?

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
Are you worried about any warranty issues that may arise and having the Livernois tune on the truck?
Not really, they have been at it a long time and have a good reputation, and since it is a variation of the FPP tune, I felt better.
Sponsored