bbenea

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Ford Performance tune installed on Friday and there are a plethora of gauges available for display. Does anyone have a cheat sheet or something that explains what all the options are? Some choices are pretty self explanatory but many are very cryptic.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Had the Ford Performance tune installed on Friday and there are a plethora of gauges available for display. Does anyone have a cheat sheet or something that explains what all the options are? Some choices are pretty self explanatory but many are very cryptic.
Unless you really understand what you're looking at most of the information is going to be considered useless. What I find to be useful is the following, Map and BP(both used to calculate Boost) Transmission Temp, Coolant Temp Cylinder Head Temp(CHT), and Catalyst temp(calculated value but better than nothing. I find these to be useful for towing and offroad.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
bbenea

bbenea

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you really understand what you're looking at most of the information is going to be considered useless. What I find to be useful is the following, Map and BP(both used to calculate Boost) Transmission Temp, Coolant Temp Cylinder Head Temp(CHT), and Catalyst temp(calculated value but better than nothing. I find these to be useful for towing and offroad.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
BP seems to measure nothing at all on mine.... anyone else messing with the gauges?
Iā€™m thinking ā€˜engine loadā€™ is horsepower, I also like the coolant temp showing.
Actual boost/vacuum would be ideal for me personally.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BP seems to measure nothing at all on mine.... anyone else messing with the gauges?
Iā€™m thinking ā€˜engine loadā€™ is horsepower, I also like the coolant temp showing.
Actual boost/vacuum would be ideal for me personally.
So BP is barometric pressure, not boost pressure

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
When I was reading 29.55 thatā€™s what I was guessingā€¦

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
This probably a dumb question; do you need gauges? Could I simply install a tune and be done until I need or want a change? The last tune I installed was a SuperChips on my 05 Ram and never added gauges.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
This probably a dumb question; do you need gauges? Could I simply install a tune and be done until I need or want a change? The last tune I installed was a SuperChips on my 05 Ram and never added gauges.
Not dumb!! I am a bit of an accessory nerd and I'm one of those that thinks a turbo charged vehicle needs an obnoxiously big, bright, colorful and cool boost gauge! :crackup:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes you can, but what fun is that?

Sauve30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Hope this helps
I have been going through the multiple lists of gauges and I cannot find one that specifically clarifies if it is transmission temps or not. Could you tell me whatā€™s the name of transmission temperature is?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have been going through the multiple lists of gauges and I cannot find one that specifically clarifies if it is transmission temps or not. Could you tell me whatā€™s the name of transmission temperature is?
Here you go

0910201354.jpg

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I know this is oldā€¦but, prevalent information for anyone installing the Ford Performance Tune and wanting to mess with the gauges.

šŸ¤“
Sponsored

Attachments