Assistance with installing Procal 4

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
just received my procal 4 last night. i registered and downloaded the program onto the unit. this morning i went to downloaded my truck info by connecting the tuner/unit to the OBD II port and nothing happened. the unit does not power up at all.

i hooked it up back to the laptop and the units comes on, but, not when connected to the OBD II port. btw, i do have the ignition on the on position.

anyone experienced anything like this?

i tried contacting FORD Performance, but, due to COVID 19 they are only chatting (i have not been able to get anyone on the chat) and my e-mail has not been answered.

any help will be greatly appreciated. i have an appointment with the dealer to finish the installation, but, without getting the truck info and getting the unit to power on, there is nothing i can do
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Two things come to mind:

1. Check the fuse for the datalink connector. Fuse #15 under steering wheel. Probably fine, but doesn't hurt to check.

2. Make sure you push the odb connector on far enough, mine was pretty stiff when I was using forscan.

OP
OP

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you for the quick response.

but, no luck. i have checked everything and nothing works. the unit will not come on once pluged into the OBD. maybe a defective cable? not sure. i am trying to get in touch with mountuneusa and see if they can help since i bought it from them.

OP
OP

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, i just got a obd 2 cable replacement and it worked. i downloaded my tuck info and got the tune downloaded on the procl 4.
now, i am going to take it to a ASE certified mechanic, so, he can just hit the enter key to tumn the truck.
i am so tempted just to do it, but, i know that if i do, i will forfeit the warranty.

thank you for all the support.

OP
OP

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is done!!!very happy with the results.
first thing i noticed was the increase in torque. it definitely gets the truck going without effort. then, the shifting is more precise. the tranny does not hunt for gears any more. like many have said, this is the way these trucks should come from factory.
my truck never had perfect idle, it was a little rough. that is gone. not sure how the tune would affect that, but, my idle is just smoother now.
today i will try to correct my speedometer since i installed 265/70/17 instead of the stock 265/65/17 tires.
i will also update real time mpg in the next few days. as well as more freeway impressions.

overall i am extremely happy with the tune.

thank you everyone for the help.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Hi all.

I ran into a problem downloading the tune software from my laptop to the procal tool. After registering with FP I downloaded the software to my laptop. It said it was successful. The next step says to connect the procal to the laptop, and the tool will automatically find the software in the laptop and display the serial number. etc. This isn't happening. When I connected the tool to my laptop, the tool display lights up with PROCAL, but nothing else is happening. No serial number, etc displayed anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Never mind all. I think I have it loaded to the tool. I'll find out tomorrow when I try loading to the truck. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find the software on your laptop and open it.once open, click connect. You procal will connect and download the files.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Find the software on your laptop and open it.once open, click connect. You procal will connect and download the files.
Thanks Andres, that's exactly what I finally figured out. :)

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Now mine won't connect to the PC. The screen lights up and the FP logo and all are there but when I click connect I get a popup stating "No Device Found"

I really don't know what to do at this point.......
Sponsored