RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just like to have chrome bumpers so no rock hits in that area.
Yep - I already have 2 or 3 small chips on my front bumper.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You guys who like chrome stuff on trucks should come up here to where I live. 99% of the trucks you see here have chrome bumpers, then stick on chrome door handles, stick on chrome rocker panels, and chrome fender trim :puke:. I wish I could stand chrome, because I would probably already have a new Ranger, but instead, I can't stand chrome, and had to order one with all body colored parts. For my money, one color on the whole vehicle is the cleanest.
Ever since i was a kid I've hated Chrome...on anything (but especially on vehicles in the rust belt). Give me Stainless Steel or paint. I want no chrome on my truck.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - I already have 2 or 3 small chips on my front bumper.
Yeah, chrome is much more durable and easier to clean. I would get chrome, but Ford requires the fake-chrome wheels, which I hate.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So, back to the thread title.
1. Do away with the 2 cig. Lighters.
2. Add reclinable seats.
3. Increase foot Air Flow
4. Illuminate center console control buttons (better).
5. Extend center armrest by 2 inches.
6. Make opening center console easier, while sitting in drivers seat
7. Add forward camera when proximity alert is activated
8. Fix buffeting effect when back windows are open
9. Add A/C vents for back seats
10. Make lariat right display useful
11. Allow autoplay without using cable
12. Make mirror fold button easier to access
14. Rear center window, electric
15. Add Heads up speed display

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
So, back to the thread title.
1. Do away with the 2 cig. Lighters.
2. Add reclinable seats.
3. Increase foot Air Flow
4. Illuminate center console control buttons (better).
5. Extend center armrest by 2 inches.
6. Make opening center console easier, while sitting in drivers seat
7. Add forward camera when proximity alert is activated
8. Fix buffeting effect when back windows are open
9. Add A/C vents for back seats
10. Make lariat right display useful
11. Allow autoplay without using cable
12. Make mirror fold button easier to access
14. Rear center window, electric
15. Add Heads up speed display
1] They're power points , don't try a lighter in there... Good place for USB adapters, small compressors, cooler/warmers etc.
2] Don't front seats recline on all models?
3] The whole system is a little weaker than most on air flow... adequate though.
4] It won't be long 'til you don't even look down to operate buttons.
5]Better than some, but it could use it. Remember when seat backs had attached folding arm rests?
6] practice make perfect.
7] sounds reasonable:like: I don't have proximity alert anyway.
8] My back windows are "fixed" ...but I notice the buffeting on lots of new cars/trucks when the windows are open.
Seems like something which should be addressed.
9] Mine has them under the front seats... I wonder if plugging them would address number 3?
10] I like the other instrument clusters better too!:clap:
11] you mean you can't? I don't even know what it really is!:giggle:
12] I just have to reach out the window!:LOL:
13] lucky thing you skipped that one!:whew:
14] Mine's all fixed :idea:not even electric defrost!
15] The non Lariat display is both redundant and easily readable, but that sounds cool!
My STX has that Cylon/ KIT red warning thing that's hard to miss for near collision!

tumblr_o0m5aoyzrH1ssuoa0o1_500.gif

14eccc930f2a87fe5821200730de56e5.jpg.gif

Tom2870

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 Lariat SuperCab, 1970 VW Beetle
Occupation
Retired
I too have had several issues with my Lariat Supercab 2WD in first 1900 miles. First a check engine light came on. Dealer indicated it was for a vapor leak in the fuel system, testing proved no leak was found, software fix from Ford was installed, check engine light reset. A second check engine light was for a problem with number 3 cylinder fuel injector, dealer found no problem there, but I am still waiting for “software fix” from Ford, check engine light reset. Third problem just occurred today when engine refused to restart after driving and being parked for about 10 minutes. My left side digital dash display then started to list out several things that were wrong; check engine light was on, engine overheated, low tire pressure, cross traffic alert disabled, service the ADVANCE TRAC LIGHT, Accident Avoidance disabled, etc. Tire pressures were OK and engine was not overheated. Called dealer and they arranged for a tow in to the dealer. The tow truck was to take 90 minutes to get there and after about 30 minutes I tried and the engine started. I cancelled the tow and drove truck to the dealer without check engine light coming on or any other problems presented in the display. Truck is at dealer awaiting diagnosis.

Several times I have experienced the truck's somewhat reluctance to stop described in this thread previously, “like it is running in a higher gear than is needed or someone driving stick isn’t applying a clutch when coasting to a stop—Almost like a rookie getting used to a 5 speed stick shift”. I will make the dealer aware of service bulletin ---TSB 19-2052-2019 dealing with the Power Train Control module and update software fix.

Other than the supposed software problems that are blamed for at least the first two problems noted above, the truck has been fantastic with an excellent body and interior with excellent performance and fuel mileage.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, chrome is much more durable and easier to clean. I would get chrome, but Ford requires the fake-chrome wheels, which I hate.
I feel the exact opposite. Chrome is a PITA.

Paint. Wash with rest of truck. done. Chrome? Have to go back after wash and polish/wax or it will be pitted real soon and look like crap.

I will have no part of chrome on a truck.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the exact opposite. Chrome is a PITA.

Paint. Wash with rest of truck. done. Chrome? Have to go back after wash and polish/wax or it will be pitted real soon and look like crap.

I will have no part of chrome on a truck.
Maybe things are different where salt is used on the roads, but my 14 year old Ranger never had its chrome bumpers polished or waxed (just washed like the rest of the truck) and they looked as good as the day I bought them on the day I sold it. The paint looked good, but wasn't in as good of shape as the bumpers were. Contrast that to my current ranger which is only a month and half old, and I already have 2 or 3 rock chips in the paint.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Maybe things are different where salt is used on the roads, but my 14 year old Ranger never had its chrome bumpers polished or waxed (just washed like the rest of the truck) and they looked as good as the day I bought them on the day I sold it. The paint looked good, but wasn't in as good of shape as the bumpers were. Contrast that to my current ranger which is only a month and half old, and I already have 2 or 3 rock chips in the paint.
I took a short trip to the farm store today and I saw at least 3 trucks with beautiful chrome plating surrounding sections of bumpers which were riddled with rust holes. Still it comes down to choice both require maintenance over time.
I like painted bumpers, especially black which can be repainted without trying to match.
Bumpers today are so thin that I see bumpers on lots of trucks rusted out from the inside which have otherwise solid body work. There was a time when the bumper could actually bump. The steel was as thick as the frame to which it was attached.
I get it that they need to be light weight. I also observe that the new Ranger appears to have sturdier bumpers than some others and even than some of its own predecessors.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same here. The bumpers on the '97 Ranger looked brand new when I sold it in '04; the bumpers on my '72 Nova still looked great 15 years later (absolutely no pitting, and it spent most of its life outside). These were both Georgia vehicles, so I'm sure salt is a big contributor.

I may opt for the Chrome package and update the wheels to something from a 2020 Ranger or other such "factory" alternative.

JokerUSAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

The assembly plant inflates tires to pressures around 75psi to ensure that the bead seat on the tire seals to the rim. The assembly plant does not have time to adjust tire pressures at current line speeds. It has always been specified that the selling dealer will set tire pressure to the door label. In this case for the 4x4, it is 30 psi. As I drove the vehicle home, I noticed sever impact harshness...I knew right away that tire pressures were not set...Yep...all tires were at over 70psi. I called the salesman to inform him of the dealership failure to set tire pressures...he told me that the that was the "factory's" job...I politely told him to check the predelivery check list...Dealership adjusts the tire pressure. Do not blame Ford... When we do rail and haulaway simulator tests, the tires are always inflated to 70 psi as this is the as shipped pressure. This hydraulic controlled simulator looks like the bed of a rail car but can also tie down a haulaway trailer. A drive file taken from actual instrumented vehicles on railcars or haulaways is played, simulating a trip over some of the worst roads or rail lines in the USA. A trip from coast to coast...it is amazing to see what a new vehicle endures before arriving at the dealership!

Shame on my dealer and any dealer that does not check and adjust tire pressures. It is always high on the list of customer complaints on rough or harsh ride....Sheesh!!!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

I got my truck yesterday and checked the tire pressure when I got home because of your post. All of them were at 48psi. :/

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tiring of the auto start, i't not smooth, the jolt reminds me to deactivate it when I take my foot off the brake pedal
Sponsored