JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Real chrome bumpers from the old days are functional--much more durable than paint or plastic. The chrome colored plastic trim on modern vehicles is...not so functional.
My chrome bumpers will be a lot better than plastic ones for sure. I won't cringe as much when/if I hit a deer.
Sponsored

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Precisely why I wanted the Chrome package - to get Chrome bumpers - but it was just too much Chrome for me. I really only wanted Chrome bumpers instead of painted ones.
Man, that was exactly my thought process as well. The Lariat level of chrome is just about right, but I would have liked the chrome bumper.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully I wanted and found a Lariat with the chrome package, I wanted it because it is not a "me too" option. I personally did not like the "half black" or magnetic sport trim which looks great IMO only on magnetic painted trucks.

. I would have preferred real black if I could not get the chrome package, Chrome packs are pretty rare and I MO it looks great on any color. The overly dark trims are (like black Harley Davidsons) are far too common nowadays. That said, The silver ingot with real black trim will look great on an XLT

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. I couldn't handle the handles or the wheels.
Here's what Lightning Blue looks like w/ the Chrome package. Local dealership got one exactly configured like mine except in Lightning Blue.

upload_2019-5-29_14-31-5.png
upload_2019-5-29_14-32-43.png

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what Lightning Blue looks like w/ the Chrome package. Local dealership got one exactly configured like mine except in Lightning Blue.

upload_2019-5-29_14-31-5.png
upload_2019-5-29_14-32-43.png
IMO that color with the chrome package is stunning. I may be old school and likely had too many Harleys, but I really dig the chrome on these trucks. They are not exactly the choice of many buyers but I am glad mine has the chrome pack.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Oh, forgot about the chrome on the mirrors--couldn't handle that either. :D Anyway, for those who like it, that's cool, I just wish it were chrome bumpers and nothing else except standard lariat trim.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Thankfully I wanted and found a Lariat with the chrome package, I wanted it because it is not a "me too" option. I personally did not like the "half black" or magnetic sport trim which looks great IMO only on magnetic painted trucks.
I think the sport trim looks really, really nice on the red. I don't think it's enough contrast on the blue. But to each his own--there's a reason options exist. :)

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think the sport trim looks really, really nice on the red. I don't think it's enough contrast on the blue. But to each his own--there's a reason options exist. :)
Very true. For those of us who took the chance and did factory orders, we ordered exactly what we wanted and that's really what matters, we chose the options.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
IMO that color with the chrome package is stunning. I may be old school and likely had too many Harleys, but I really dig the chrome on these trucks. They are not exactly the choice of many buyers but I am glad mine has the chrome pack.
I like the blue with the chrome package better, but it is still too much chrome for me. The contrast with the blue looks much better than the contrast with the white platinum (which is what I needed to get for other reasons).

But like others have said, that is why there are options - to each his own! We all have AWESOME trucks!

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

When we do rail and haulaway simulator tests, the tires are always inflated to 70 psi as this is the as shipped pressure. This hydraulic controlled simulator looks like the bed of a rail car but can also tie down a haulaway trailer. A drive file taken from actual instrumented vehicles on railcars or haulaways is played, simulating a trip over some of the worst roads or rail lines in the USA. A trip from coast to coast...it is amazing to see what a new vehicle endures before arriving at the dealership!

Shame on my dealer and any dealer that does not check and adjust tire pressures. It is always high on the list of customer complaints on rough or harsh ride....Sheesh!!!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Too bad we can't take delivery AT the factory...

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
You guys who like chrome stuff on trucks should come up here to where I live. 99% of the trucks you see here have chrome bumpers, then stick on chrome door handles, stick on chrome rocker panels, and chrome fender trim :puke:. I wish I could stand chrome, because I would probably already have a new Ranger, but instead, I can't stand chrome, and had to order one with all body colored parts. For my money, one color on the whole vehicle is the cleanest.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
You guys who like chrome stuff on trucks should come up here to where I live. 99% of the trucks you see here have chrome bumpers, then stick on chrome door handles, stick on chrome rocker panels, and chrome fender trim :puke:. I wish I could stand chrome, because I would probably already have a new Ranger, but instead, I can't stand chrome, and had to order one with all body colored parts. For my money, one color on the whole vehicle is the cleanest.
I really like the LOOK of painted bumpers, but for DURABILITY, Chrome is the best. Especially if you are going to do any off roading at all - even gravel roads.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Very true, even all our company 2500's have chrome and a lot of companies in the oilfield do too.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just like to have chrome bumpers so no rock hits in that area.
Sponsored