Slight vibration Icon wheels 285-70-17 tires

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
So now that I’ve had the setup a few thousand miles I’m starting to get a slight vibration in the wheel, wheels and tires are balanced, only other thing I can think of is possibly the bore size, wheel is 106 and ours is 93.1. I’ve never had to run bore adapters before but also never ran 33” tires needing it. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ranger spec Icon's with 93.1mm bore and no vibration issues. The shop did have to put a substantial amount of weights on the wheel, but that's likely because of the massive 60lb rubber on each corner and not the wheels.

If I didn't have the proper bore I'd definitely have a bore spacer installed with my wheels.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
So now that I’ve had the setup a few thousand miles I’m starting to get a slight vibration in the wheel, wheels and tires are balanced, only other thing I can think of is possibly the bore size, wheel is 106 and ours is 93.1. I’ve never had to run bore adapters before but also never ran 33” tires needing it. Anyone else experience this?
If your running MT's you will get increased vibration as they wear. Same effect on AT's but not as quickly. Agree with Andrew, have the balance checked again. I'm running Cooper SST Pro's and I do get slight vibration. Just a fact with an aggressive off road tire. I did have a wheel weight sling off early on and I could feel it for sure. Also when I'm off road I have had mud pack in the wheels that created some bounce as well. One other thing that could cause this is lower air pressure. So make sure they are all in spec.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
best bet is to get them re-balanced, or it could just be the way the tread of the tire is wearing. Also occasionally tires have manufacturing issues and can have problems as they start to wear.

if it was an issue of the wheel not being centered due to the hub bore size, you would have noticed it right away...
OR your lug nuts didn't get properly tightened and a wheel is coming loose (I'd say pretty unlikely).

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it only from stop? I’m experiencing similar after i got level/lift
A little more gusto off the line clears it right up
Sponsored