First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yeah thanks mate, I think, - now you make me feel even older! And I already have two sons for that!
Seriously though the Simpson trip is a great off road drive, takes about 4 days and 390 km, 1136 dunes must be crossed some up to 130 ft high. There are no fuel, water stops, or facilities, once you leave you are on your own until you reach Birdsville, that's why most people do it in a group. The track is an old oil exploration track pushed through in the mid 1960's, prior to that no one had ever driven across until 1962 I think. Here's my old Bronco leading the Jeeps! (There was a J20 ute right behind me, it got bogged on one dune and he wouldn't let me tow it out with the Bronco, - I wanted a photo of course!)

2010-09-23_13.JPG
Wow Cam. I really love stories like this. Gives you a grander picture of just how wild of a ride that was. 4 days with no fuel or stops, just so cool. I showed my gf this pic in amazement of how serene it is and the slight grainier look from older cameras. So dang dreamy of a scene. Thank you for sharing :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Thanks Jim. German blood or just for fun having some beers? Beautiful photo of you and the lady. You drinking a Hefeweizen? One of my favorites, especially the darker variants.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
And I thought you were Latino with those sunglasses on with that picture you posted to begin with on this thread! I love the random 2% French, considering their history in Asia
:crackup:

We're heading up to Helen, Georgia and North Carolina in early November for the fall colors. My wife, being a Filipina, wonders at what the reactions will be when we hit the areas where there are few, if any any Asians. We stopped in Tennessee and Boone, NC and didn't have more than a few glances probably because of the rarity of an almond-eyed girl in the area. I remind her of that and how wonderful those Southerners are. So she's OK with that.
It was the first time she got to see and play in snow 9did the sledding up there in Boone and, as I predicted, she would not need or want to ever see it again.
She's wanting to do one of the train rides. Perhaps you might know the best one from this link?
https://gsmr.1steam1.com/
There's only two that will be running when we will be up that way; The Tuckasegee River Excursion and Steam Trains ONLY.
Hah, I can definitely see the Latino look. Glasses and hat hide too much :p Lol, right the French and Asians do have some history :)

Enjoy your trip to see the fall colors. Please take pictures, it will be absolutely marvelous to see.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Amazing the way people can wander. Back on track, me and #4 (2019 Lariat and 1950 PGH).
NewPic2.jpg
Haha, I don't mind the family photos but it sure is nice seeing pics with the Ranger :) Great photo, love the stance chilling with the Ranger. Ty Michael!

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Here’s a photo without the sunglasses and hat! Now you can see the true Bruce in me. Seafood buffet for my birthday celebration! @Delirious here :3 @Msfitoy see the resemblance? Hahaha
7EAD9A69-D046-420A-A300-EA1ABB547914.jpeg

524B13FC-C7BC-487B-ADBD-D5B45DEBEE7C.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here’s a photo without the sunglasses and hat! Now you can see the true Bruce in me. Seafood buffet for my birthday celebration! @Delirious here :3 @Msfitoy see the resemblance? Hahaha

That looks good! It's about a 5 hour drive from AZ-SD so I'll be there for a late dinner. :wink:

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Oh gosh you're still a pup! And of course you're a great looking couple! In the famous words of the famous DonDonBabyRaptor, thanks for coming around! Here's wishing you many many decades of happiness together. And if you decide to flee California like many others are doing, you are one California couple I would welcome to Florida!

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Oh gosh you're still a pup! And of course you're a great looking couple! In the famous words of the famous DonDonBabyRaptor, thanks for coming around! Here's wishing you many many decades of happiness together. And if you decide to flee California like many others are doing, you are one California couple I would welcome to Florida!
Hahaha indeed. Even though I’m 27 now, I still look like I’m barely 20 :p I appreciate the kind words Nick. Hahaha, indeed I did have to come around with the FULL REVEAL! ?

Thank you so much for the heartfelt comments. Hah, I will definitely keep that in mind when I run outta here. It’d be awfully nice to be neighbors with you or any of the fine gentlemen here :)

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Move well away from camp with small shovel or trenching tool, dig hole, complete business, cover well!
You forgot, don’t fall in ;)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Brandon, you two make a very cute couple. You seem like such a good-natured, positive, and bright young man. I know your parents must be so very proud of you. Keep shining your light! :sun:

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Brandon, you two make a very cute couple. You seem like such a good-natured, positive, and bright young man. I know your parents must be so very proud of you. Keep shining your light! :sun:
Awww you are making me blush Tracy. ☺ thank you so much for those sweet words that tug on my heartstrings!! Much love ❤

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Margie at Skipper's Canyon after a thrilling ride to the Canyon on one of the 10 most dangerous roads in the world. Our Jet boat awaits....

Skippers Canyon.jpg

Skippers Canyon1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Sponsored