Plastic around infotainment pretty ugly

Sandromang

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Anyone do anything about the plastic around the infotainment? It’s pretty big and ugly. Anyone put any third-party infotainment screens in that filled at whole space? Would love to see if anybody did anything to modify that area.

I honestly don’t mind it that much but I’m curious to see if anyone has installed any third-party infotainment systems That feel that whole area.

1A6B2EC3-0F29-47F4-9A61-B01325038977.jpeg
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
There is a carbon fiber overlay sticker on etsy I believe. I mean it's not the best fix or a 3rd party infotainment system but it's something :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Trust me, you're better off with the matte finish. The bezel on the Lariat is glossy smooth and at certain times of the day reflects sunlight right into your eyes.
Yeah, I noticed that one time in the 13k miles I have put on. And god damn it's a real bright reflection right into the eyeball.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Yeah, I noticed that one time in the 13k miles I have put on. And god damn it's a real bright reflection right into the eyeball.
Mine did it to me almost daily between 12-3PM. Perhaps it is due to my height and seat position. Either way I ended up pulling the bezel out and coating it with clear plasti-dip. Hasn't been an issue since.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Anyone do anything about the plastic around the infotainment? It’s pretty big and ugly. Anyone put any third-party infotainment screens in that filled at whole space? Would love to see if anybody did anything to modify that area.

I honestly don’t mind it that much but I’m curious to see if anyone has installed any third-party infotainment systems That feel that whole area.
Perhaps???

1626196329281.png

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
There is a carbon fiber overlay sticker on etsy I believe. I mean it's not the best fix or a 3rd party infotainment system but it's something :)
Don't know about etsy but here:
" Choose from Carbon Fiber, Chrome, Diamond Plate, Wood Grain and many more. Precut and easily applicable, once you finishing installing your Dash Kit, submit 5 or more high quality photos to receive a Cash Back Rebate. Get yours today! "

https://www.rvinyl.com/Ford-Ranger-2019-2021-Dash-Kits.html

PS: Ranger5G Thread