Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Is nobody on here running the Duratrac at 265/7017? I did a search and found some running a larger size (285 I believe) but not the 265. I've got an appointment for next Friday to get the tires and my 2.5" RC Level kit installed. I'll be posting some photos once it's done, but was just wondering if anybody has done it and gots some pics...
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Cant say if anyone has done it in that size but if fitment is what you are concerned about you should be ok.

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Ive ran them with the same RC lift for months. No cutting needed on the 17inch +55 offset sport package wheels or my new +25 offset wheels. I think you'll be very happy with them, they are much quieter than I had anticipated.
u9UuEkDNQZ6moRdcIMrVIQ.jpg

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cant say if anyone has done it in that size but if fitment is what you are concerned about you should be ok.
Not worried about fitment. Probably like most on here, I researched the forum ad nauseum concerning tire size and fitment. (I think I found the end of the internet in my research...lol). I just wanted to see if anybody had put them on and what they looked like.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Ive ran them with the same RC lift for months. No cutting needed on the 17inch +55 offset sport package wheels or my new +25 offset wheels. I think you'll be very happy with them, they are much quieter than I had anticipated.
Those look great!! I was looking at the same wheels as well (Fuel Rebel 6 ... are those the Anthracite ones?). Also, great color on the truck. Thanks for the pic.

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great!! I was looking at the same wheels as well (Fuel Rebel 6 ... are those the Anthracite ones?). Also, great color on the truck. Thanks for the pic.
thanks! and these are actually the Icon vector 6’s. I went with these because they didn’t have the fake bead lock so many wheels have now

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
Great looking SCab. What is the amount of lift in the rear with the kit you have?
3" front and 1" back installed by the dealership as part of the purchase agreement, as well as the tires.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks! and these are actually the Icon vector 6’s. I went with these because they didn’t have the fake bead lock so many wheels have now
Quick question...but did you put the LT tires on? Have you noticed a change in mpg since you got them?

Thanks
E

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question...but did you put the LT tires on? Have you noticed a change in mpg since you got them?

Thanks
E
I put Firestone Destination XT LT265/70/17 on my 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road. My mileage dropped by about 1.5-2 mpg. I also feel a small difference in performance but not a lot. My Ranger is my only vehicle & my daily driver. I didn't mind going up a size & bigger tires look great but me personally I wouldn't go bigger than that with my daily driver. If it was a 2nd vehicle I would as they look great with 285/70/17 but because its my daily driver I won't go bigger than 265/70/17

received_1051539972450979.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I put Firestone Destination XT LT265/70/17 on my 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road. My mileage dropped by about 1.5-2 mpg. I also feel a small difference in performance but not a lot. My Ranger is my only vehicle & my daily driver. I didn't mind going up a size & bigger tires look great but me personally I wouldn't go bigger than that with my daily driver. If it was a 2nd vehicle I would as they look great with 285/70/17 but because its my daily driver I won't go bigger than 265/70/17

received_1051539972450979.jpeg
Somthing to consider to make up for the Lost MPG is a tune. I myself used the Tow Tune from Livernois and was still able to do fairly well with MPG.

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Somthing to consider to make up for the Lost MPG is a tune. I myself used the Tow Tune from Livernois and was still able to do fairly well with MPG.
I have a tune in it. It definitely helps

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I will say your take on being quieter than you expected is great news, as I found the Duratracs super loud on my last GM 1/2T pickup. I mean, even when they were new they liked to howl.

That is only downside I found though, super great tire otherwise. Great traction on just about any surface I ever faced and wore like iron.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
The duratracs came stock on the zr2 Colorado I traded for the ranger. They were noisy, but rode smooth. The Colorado was more insulated than the ranger is, so curious how you like them after the first 5-6k miles. We had the zr2 and a GMC canyon, both V6 4x4 automatic with 3.42 gears. Canyon had highway tires. Canyon got 24 mpg highway and zr2 got 18 mpg highway. Zr2 had an aerodynamics disadvantage, but the tires played a part.
Sponsored