First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
The old Ranger was much lower, really did not require a grab handle it was just like getting a car. My 20 Ranger is much higher and a more awkward ingress and egress even with running boards. My 2002 Tundra had the handle and used it all the time.. I think it was a money saving issue with Ford since there is a grab handle on the passenger side.
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
The old Ranger was much lower, really did not require a grab handle it was just like getting a car. My 20 Ranger is much higher and a more awkward ingress and egress even with running boards. My 2002 Tundra had the handle and used it all the time.. I think it was a money saving issue with Ford since there is a grab handle on the passenger side.
Yep. My 2007 4x4 Ranger Super Cab was quite a bit lower than my leveled 2019 4x2 Ranger Super Crew. Not a complaint at all. Just an observation. (The performance of the 4.0 V6 is not even in the same league as the 2.3 EcoBoost though.)

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
@Sparky
I"m older and at 6'2" also have flexibility issues getting in my Ranger. Looks stupid I know but I put my head in first then slide in. You have issues getting out. Given the minimum height difference between the step bar and the truck's floor I fail to see their utility, but that's a very personal issue and many people like them. My wife also complains about getting her pants/skirt dirty upon entry with step bars - so I dIdn't order them. But...I do believe AMP now makes an electric deploying steps for our ranger in case that might help you ($1,500)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
@Sparky
I"m older and at 6'2" also have flexibility issues getting in my Ranger. Looks stupid I know but I put my head in first then slide in. You have issues getting out. Given the minimum height difference between the step bar and the truck's floor I fail to see their utility, but that's a very personal issue and many people like them. My wife also complains about getting her pants/skirt dirty upon entry with step bars - so I dIdn't order them. But...I do believe AMP now makes an electric deploying steps for our ranger in case that might help you ($1,500)
5'11" here, I don't really have an issue getting in. My vertically challenged wife, 5'1", on the other hand. When we test drove my truck, we both loved it, we both could find a comfortable driving position, not always the case. She had on a tighter skirt that day and it was decided running boards were not optional. Had the dealer put them on before delivery. They came in handy after my transplant when getting down into the Mazda was a no go. Do wish it had a drivers side grab bar though.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Im 6'3" and the headlight dial is annoying af.
I can say I have done that with my knee. Bumped it off of automatic and wondered why my lights were staying on.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I can say I have done that with my knee. Bumped it off of automatic and wondered why my lights were staying on.
I was actually thinking about posting about this earlier today because it happened again this morning. I'm only 5' 11" and still find my self bumping it with my knee from auto to on at times when I get in. The first time I wondered why once I got in and before starting the chime was going off and my light setting had been changed. Then after a few more times I noticed I was hitting it with my knee.

I agree the placement of the dial is in kind of a bad spot.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
The dials suck. Poor placement. Hazard button too. Its annoying. I will say, I didn't drive a ranger until it was mine. Lol. Island stuff. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I did either. Start stop, dials, weird seats. Glad I did. Probably took me 10k miles before I really loved it. Now at 17k and im all in.

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
This is more a peeve with ford more so than the truck. But the fact that they cheaped out on the bed tie downs. Originally 6. Now only 4.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
What do you mean by the hazard button? It's below my SYNC screen and above the controls for climate. I don't find it near a place where I might accidentally press it.
When I go to hit the screen and want to rest my hand it hits the hazards every time. I actually put the ecoboost badge from the tailgate there so I'd stop.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What do you mean by the hazard button? It's below my SYNC screen and above the controls for climate. I don't find it near a place where I might accidentally press it.
Unless he's just reaching over and pressing the first thing he touches you're right I've never accidentally hit it. lol ?

The fan +/- are a PITA because they're so hard to see but normally I just use the touch screen and rarely hit the buttons.
Sponsored