First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
No. Tapped into the speaker wires for the rear door. This Kicker amp turns on when it sees a signal. BTW, the speaker wires in the wire harness are the only 2 wires that are twisted together.

WhtRanger

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
No. Tapped into the speaker wires for the rear door. This Kicker amp turns on when it sees a signal. BTW, the speaker wires in the wire harness are the only 2 wires that are twisted together.
Wicked thx, how are you liking the setup?

Reactions: Doc

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4, 2005 Focus ZX4 ST
FFDC4FA7-8E1D-4680-BF47-6AC36416A020.jpeg

Hello all,

Do you guys have problems with bugs being attracted to your trucks? I spent several hours washing and waxing mine yesterday and I fought bugs all day that wanted to land on it.

The main issue is it seems to attract moths and other winged insects at night, which then attracts some kind of rodent that eats them on my hood (which means there is rodent feces on the hood). I actually put a mouse trap on the windshield last night but didn’t catch anything. It happens every night whether I’ve cleaned it or not.

I suppose their attracted to the white like they are light. Do you all have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Doc

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
FFDC4FA7-8E1D-4680-BF47-6AC36416A020.jpeg

Hello all,

Do you guys have problems with bugs being attracted to your trucks? I spent several hours washing and waxing mine yesterday and I fought bugs all day that wanted to land on it.

The main issue is it seems to attract moths and other winged insects at night, which then attracts some kind of rodent that eats them on my hood (which means there is rodent feces on the hood). I actually put a mouse trap on the windshield last night but didn’t catch anything. It happens every night whether I’ve cleaned it or not.

I suppose their attracted to the white like they are light. Do you all have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.
Bugs attracted while it's parked?

No issue on my WPM, but I park in the garage.

If I couldn't park inside I'd try a combo of a bug zapper for the bugs and a pest sprinkler for the rodents.
Sponsored