First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I'm rehabbing a dated 108" ginzu groomer and will retail it after done. I'd post more pictures if anyone here is interested in seeing its progress. Its mostly welding, painting and replacing parts. Here is them at YTS who manufacturers them.
P1090570.jpg
Here are photos taken while this machine was disassembled. This cutting depth control arm was bent, I'd guess from the hydraulic cylinder once used on it. It has a Burr actuator on it now which most Ginzu's use.
P1090581.jpg

I cut some pie shapes out, straitened it up and welded it back up. Added a fish plate as well. Tube is just 1/8 walled.
P1090585.jpg

The tooth carrier brackets were cracked and bent as well. You ca see some gussets I'll add and the cracks are ground out to be welded. This is all mild 1/4" plate.
P1090597.jpg

All better!
P1090610.jpg

Here they are reassembled on da machine. Clear as mud!!! :crazy:

P1090622.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here are photos taken while this machine was disassembled. This cutting depth control arm was bent, I'd guess from the hydraulic cylinder once used on it. It has a Burr actuator on it now which most Ginzu's use.
P1090581.jpg

I cut some pie shapes out, straitened it up and welded it back up. Added a fish plate as well. Tube is just 1/8 walled.
P1090585.jpg

The tooth carrier brackets were cracked and bent as well. You ca see some gussets I'll add and the cracks are ground out to be welded. This is all mild 1/4" plate.
P1090597.jpg

All better!
P1090610.jpg

Here they are reassembled on da machine. Clear as mud!!! :crazy:

P1090622.jpg
Here is a photo of a smaller, modern unit with the teeth in the snow but they all work the same. The one I'm rehabbing is the widest machine YTS builds. The tooth arms are spring loaded and will pop backwards if they strike something. Hope that helps.
New Ginzu I (DL).jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Folks,

Been in the Antique Clock Repair and Restoration business for 46 years now as a side business. My collection consists of over 200 antique clocks but Margie only allows about 50 in the house on the wall....

Clocks.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
You are a very interesting and talented person, Phil. And from the paintings you’ve shared, so is your wife. I enjoy reading your posts.

stillc

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Double R expedition trailer
Occupation
Editor
Snowboarding. Stared just last winter, I'm not that good as I'd like to be, but I do my best. I just love to feel the speed, snow, and mountains around me.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I like to race U4RC at a local track when I have a chance. Been a while, but my son is almost old enough to start racing with me.

_nc_ohc=JQIbNwt_AYMAX8Lbrln&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I used to fly a Cessna 172 that a friend of mine owned. Here's an old pic with me and my Grandpa who spent much of his life as a Crop Duster in Eastern WA. Cool experience to get him in the air again. Would love to get back into it.

_nc_ohc=BPKzFBbIcdsAX9u6vih&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here is a photo of a smaller, modern unit with the teeth in the snow but they all work the same. The one I'm rehabbing is the widest machine YTS builds. The tooth arms are spring loaded and will pop backwards if they strike something. Hope that helps.
New Ginzu I (DL).jpg
The pan this machine came with is the 1st fiberglass rod compression system to come out of YTS shop and was epoxied on, on the implement side. The pan is the thingy that makes tracks. This "glued on" version was quickly dropped by the manufacture and switched to a compression "lock on" system that was much easier to trade them out, when they broke. Yes, we'd only get a year or two out of them) So I wanted to do the same on this dated pan I got. In my poorish photo (none of my photos are nay good), you can't really see it but the coupler is split between those two plates that are freshly welded onto the side. Bottom photo shows what the compression system looks like. What you see in the top photo, is below the actuators right tip in the lower photo.....
P1090688.jpg
ginzutracksetter.jpg

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Our neighbor needed some cutting, wedges shaped for him to make something. Turns out this is what he wanted, so I made the mold (an Egyptian obelisk to be poured in concrete, wtf???). Not sure why, but here's what he wanted. Me & the mold, somewhere in northern New Mexico...
Obelisk.jpg

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Making another blade. This one is AEB-L steel (what you shave with in the morning) heat treated at HRC 60.5. I've set up the scales in this picture for the next step, epoxy for structural fastening. I use the screws & then small clamps to press things flat & let the bond cure with a slow setting mix. The wood on this one is called Bocote, it's a hard, dense central American hardwood. Not an endangered species, it's very available & very tough stuff, a bit oily, like teak almost.

Next will be the shaping of the scales for profiling, rounding corners on the router table & finish sanding for an oil finish. Typically I take the wood up to about 600 grit to get a nice feel & look. Thanks for looking.

B-2-1.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Making another blade. This one is AEB-L steel (what you shave with in the morning) heat treated at HRC 60.5. I've set up the scales in this picture for the next step, epoxy for structural fastening. I use the screws & then small clamps to press things flat & let the bond cure with a slow setting mix. The wood on this one is called Bocote, it's a hard, dense central American hardwood. Not an endangered species, it's very available & very tough stuff, a bit oily, like teak almost.

Next will be the shaping of the scales for profiling, rounding corners on the router table & finish sanding for an oil finish. Typically I take the wood up to about 600 grit to get a nice feel & look. Thanks for looking.

B-2-1.jpg
Very nice!

Reactions: Doc

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn’t find the RC Car section, so posted here. Not necessarily my hobby, but my son’s & grandson’s.
Thought I’d post their cars.:)
Sorry- lots of pics
1D81184A-B072-42F7-A890-621A6530B3E6.jpeg
7DDA63D9-81A2-4F6F-B1B6-9E2760923314.jpeg
228399AC-F0D3-4AF9-B953-F110353FC610.jpeg
1E05DDFD-FDD0-4352-8D5E-39A0900D7369.jpeg
09F3BB5D-7269-46D8-A778-D2C959F7AEBE.jpeg