Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jeez. Better not be any stains in my new truck! :angry::surprised:o_O

(Never dreamed trying to get a Ranger would be so incredibly stressful. And to think, once I get it I have to immediately come to this forum and start bitching about it. Why! Why?! I just want my truck. Transmission, drive shaft, paint, thin metal, vibrations, lack of damper, and all. Just give me my truck. With no stains.)
:whew:Good thing 303 has some great stain remover. ? ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Ordered on Oct. 14th. Built on Feb. 14th. Total of 4 months. And did so in today's crazy supply chain hindered manufacturing world. Only moved my delivery date once, and then only by one week. Told me week of Feb. 6th. Moved to week of Feb. 13th. Completed build in early morning hours of Feb. 14th. Again, in today's world. Wow.

I don't care if someone is a Ford fan or not... nice job Ford. Seriously nice job. Now that is an example of world class manufacturering.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Truck is now officially "shipped." :clap::inlove:

Kind of hard to believe that I've finally made it to this stage of the process.

Been thinking (Per the warden, "dangerous!")...

Last time I ordered a vehicle vs buying off the lot was in 1989. Feels really good to once again be ordering exactly what I want versus "closest I can get." Just cool. Way cool. Happy camper here.

(Laughing at the reaction of the younger members when they see "1989!")

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
According to CSX the railcar hauling the wonderful blue tremor will arrive in Lawrenceville GA on Feb. 22nd at 7:00pm. That's about two hours from the dealer. With just a bit of luck it may arrive at the dealer just in time for me to drive it on an upcoming work trip. Man, that would be SWEET!!!!!!!:clap::like::handsinair::dance::beer:

Not counting on it though. First, we are talking CSX. :curse::angry::puke::punch:

Second, no telling how long it will sit at the railyard before it gets loaded onto a truck. :oops: :frown::crying:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
According to CSX the railcar hauling the wonderful blue tremor will arrive in Lawrenceville GA on Feb. 22nd at 7:00pm. That's about two hours from the dealer. With just a bit of luck it may arrive at the dealer just in time for me to drive it on an upcoming work trip. Man, that would be SWEET!!!!!!!:clap::like::handsinair::dance::beer:

Not counting on it though. First, we are talking CSX. :curse::angry::puke::punch:

Second, no telling how long it will sit at the railyard before it gets loaded onto a truck. :oops: :frown::crying:
You forgot the most important one.

Third: Spending days detailing the inside. :lipssealed:

It Still Smells.gif

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired

Feels like the days before Christmas. You won't be able to just show up as they unload and take custody. They are supposed to prep it which involves checking all fluids and cleaning it. Key phrase being supposed to.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Feels like the days before Christmas. You won't be able to just show up as they unload and take custody. They are supposed to prep it which involves checking all fluids and cleaning it. Key phrase being supposed to.
Things may have changed since I took delivery of my Ranger but the tires were at 45 psi and the windshield washer tank was empty.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Things may have changed since I took delivery of my Ranger but the tires were at 45 psi and the windshield washer tank was empty.
That's the reason I said the key phrase being "supposed to" check. There are countless times when dealerships failed to prep a vehicle for sale.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Many here have stated that waiting for delivery was much worse than waiting for it to be built. And every single time I've read those comments my thoughts have been something like "Waiting on the build wasn't so bad. Happened much quicker than I expected. Not a kid anymore so lack that impatient due to excitement youthfulness" blah blah blah..... well let me just tell you, I AM COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!! Man oh man! Would my truck get here already?!?!?!!? Yes, I just called CSX again. Yes the truck is still on track (no pun intended) for its original ETA. And yes I still have to wait for the whole trucking piece of the process.

Wow... this is hard folks. Waiting for it to be built was nothing. Piece of cake. Waiting for delivery? OMFG!!!! It is awful. I am worse than a kid waiting on Christmas. :frown: :shock::crazy:

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Now you just have to worry about the creepy highway stalkers while your new Ranger makes its road trip to your dealer. It’s not like the transport driver makes a stop at a Walmart parking lot or anything. What could go wrong? ?

C448DB5F-AE9A-49A0-B628-5E9B231C6E5F.jpeg

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Now you just have to worry about the creepy highway stalkers while your new Ranger makes its road trip to your dealer. It’s not like the transport driver makes a stop at a Walmart parking lot or anything. What could go wrong? ?

C448DB5F-AE9A-49A0-B628-5E9B231C6E5F.jpeg
“ Oh look ! There goes one of those pretty blue Rangers heading towards the Walmart. Let’s go check it out!”

3EAA0E6E-DACF-4ED6-9CD8-6C65D0F90B4F.jpeg

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
“ Oh look ! There goes one of those pretty blue Rangers heading towards the Walmart. Let’s go check it out!”

3EAA0E6E-DACF-4ED6-9CD8-6C65D0F90B4F.jpeg
Not liking you a whole lot right now. ?

(Popping 2 more antacids from Pez dispenser while swigging chilled Pepto Bismol from Igloo 6 packer. Hand shaking as I put bottle down. "I will not let these buttheads get to me. :facepalm: Truck is going to be fine. Guys are just having fun being smartasses. Do not worry. :surprised: Stop worrying. They're just messing with me. Oh jeez....." running to bathroom.:puke:)

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Not liking you a whole lot right now. ?

(Popping 2 more antacids from Pez dispenser while swigging chilled Pepto Bismol from Igloo 6 packer. Hand shaking as I put bottle down. "I will not let these buttheads get to me. :facepalm: Truck is going to be fine. Guys are just having fun being smartasses. Do not worry. :surprised: Stop worrying. They're just messing with me. Oh jeez....." running to bathroom.:puke:)
Truly just messing with you. No harm intended and I hope your Ranger arrives pristine and problem free. FYI that pic of the Rangers on the transporter was from the Macon , Ga area on I75 a few weeks back.
Sponsored