New Tremor owner

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while. Picked up new 21 Tremor back in November. I've added a Curt receiver hitch, RokBloks splash guards, hood protector, line x liner and window tint so far. Former truck was a 2019 Colorado ZR2. Seems like lots of good info on the site.

IMG_20211121_180126140.jpg
Sponsored

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Hi,and welcome to the forums. We're glad to have you.

Tremor is best Ranger but hey what do i know. Enjoy

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while. Picked up new 21 Tremor back in November. I've added a Curt receiver hitch, RokBloks splash guards, hood protector, line x liner and window tint so far. Former truck was a 2019 Colorado ZR2. Seems like lots of good info on the site.

Hi Jason. Do you have a model number or link to your hood protector? Thanks very much!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
JasonTremor

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Welcome! I am interested in your thoughts comparing it to the ZR2 (after you drive it for a bit!) :) Also why you changed.

Thx,
LB

OP
OP
JasonTremor

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Welcome! I am interested in your thoughts comparing it to the ZR2 (after you drive it for a bit!) :) Also why you changed.

Thx,
LB
I may post some observations comparing and contrasting my personal thoughts on the two. Those threads always seem to go sideways though.

Throw some questions my way if you have any specific ones we'll see how sideways it goes. Im approaching the 4k mile mark soon, so I have a bit of seat time in.

OP
OP
JasonTremor

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'll get us started. (Disclosure: I've owned Ford, GM and Toyota trucks before. None of them were without issues, so my perspective will be from a compare/contrast only from my personal experience.)

Why did I change?

Well, I didn't plan on trading when I did, but I was thinking of getting something different than the ZR2.

My main two complaints with the ZR2 we're the seats were hurting my back on trips longer than about 45 minutes partly because the seats were too firm for me. Second, I had a corrosion issue on the driver door seam where the door skin folds over the inner door. The dealer had "repaired" it and it was coming back again.

The thing that pushed me to trade that day was the dealer credited me 3k more than I paid for the ZR2 with about 25k miles on it and I got 2500 in rebates on the Tremor off MSRP with no markups. Also, the seats in the XLT Tremor we're more comfortable to me comparatively. I've had 3 hr road trips with no back pain.

If you think of any other questions, I'll be happy to share.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Yes actually, I am really interested in the front locker, did you ever get a chance to use it? That is my big draw to the ZR2 and really wonder how they work. Back in the day front & rear lockers were the $h!t!!! everything else (4X4) was just a 2-wheel drive or 3 wheel drive if you had a posi/locker rear.

Thanks,
LB

OP
OP
JasonTremor

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Yes actually, I am really interested in the front locker, did you ever get a chance to use it? That is my big draw to the ZR2 and really wonder how they work. Back in the day front & rear lockers were the $h!t!!! everything else (4X4) was just a 2-wheel drive or 3 wheel drive if you had a posi/locker rear.

Thanks,
LB
I used it a few times around the farm to verify it worked. Honestly, the Goodyear duratrac tires were so grippy that I rarely used 4wd. I'd just lock in the rear locker in 2wd most of the time if it got slick. The most difficult offroading I did was dirt fire roads that could be partially washed out or be a red clay slick mess after a rain. You had to be in 4wd low to use the front locker. It was setup well and very capable for someone that wanted to do some heavier offroading.

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
I also have a Curt receiver for my Tremor.

Peeked at it quick before install, it looks like the spare tire might be in the way

Did you have to ditch your spare, or just drop and adjust it to fit the Curt receiver?

I didn't get lucky enough to build my Tremor so I didn't get the factory tow package.

OP
OP
JasonTremor

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I also have a Curt receiver for my Tremor.

Peeked at it quick before install, it looks like the spare tire might be in the way

Did you have to ditch your spare, or just drop and adjust it to fit the Curt receiver?

I didn't get lucky enough to build my Tremor so I didn't get the factory tow package.
Just a drop and adjust is all that is needed. It is easier to install the hitch if you just temporarily remove the spare or at least drop it to the ground.

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT

Love it! Belated welcome to you.

How do you like the stripes? I bet it gets a lot of attention.
Sponsored