Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Been slowly working a deal on a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (Magnetic). Finally I will go this afternoon and finalize the deal. Very excited, it'll be my first Ranger and my first pickup truck for that matter. I've only ever had SUVs before. I've already found this group to be helpful as I've planned out upgrades, etc. and I can't wait to learn more! That is all - just wanted to put some good intentions out there, and thank the community in advance.

After I add a few things to it, I will be posting pics in the showcase.
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think you will enjoy the ranger, being that you are used to suvs.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Man, I remember my first Ranger, my dad bought it new in 89 and I bought it in 96. I think it had 160k when I bought it and even with all the issues due to mileage I still wish I had it.

OP
OP
Trylovance

Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My condolences to your bank account.
Yeah... that'll be a thing. The wife likes the ideas I have, but of course I always manage to pinch and zoom to keep cost out of the conversation, ha.

OP
OP
Trylovance

Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I remember my first Ranger, my dad bought it new in 89 and I bought it in 96. I think it had 160k when I bought it and even with all the issues due to mileage I still wish I had it.
It's funny, I was the third in my family to own a '91 Jeep Cherokee and we all still wish we had that vehicle. Some just come off the lot special, I guess.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your new Ranger.

A couple of low cost things you might want to consider to get you started on spending. :)

The Stubby Jr. 2 inch antenna if you don't like the large factory antenna.

https://www.cravenspeed.com/stubby-jr-antenna-for-2019-2020-ford-ranger/

They make a 4 inch one as well.

A cheap led night light to plug in to the 110v outlet in the back. This will disable the auto stop/start for only a few bucks if you are like many and find it annoying. This is what many suggested here and I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED2BIK/

There are more expensive items to disable it as well but I don't recall what they are off the top of my head.

You might want to check to see if your truck has the middle tie downs when you pick it up. If not I'd suggest asking the dealer to throw them in. Ford stopped including them at some point and they have kind of gotten expensive over the last few months. I'm not sure why they have gone up in price, maybe a supply issue or just the amount of demand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trylovance

Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your new Ranger.

A couple of low cost things you might want to consider to get you started on spending. :)

The Stubby Jr. 2 inch antenna if you don't like the large factory antenna.

https://www.cravenspeed.com/stubby-jr-antenna-for-2019-2020-ford-ranger/

They make a 4 inch one as well.

A cheap led night light to plug in to the 110v outlet in the back. This will disable the auto stop/start for only a few bucks if you are like many and find it annoying. This is what many suggested here and I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED2BIK/

There are more expensive items to disable it as well but I don't recall what they are off the top of my head.

You might want to check to see if your truck has the middle tie downs when you pick it up. If not I'd suggest asking the dealer to throw them in. Ford stopped including them at some point and they have kind of gotten expensive over the last few months. I'm not sure why they have gone up in price, maybe a supply issue or just the amount of demand.
Wow thanks for these. Small quality of life improvements are things I'm all about!

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Wow thanks for these. Small quality of life improvements are things I'm all about!
Glad to help. Of course I got the info above from all the helpful people here so I can't take full credit for it. Also I forgot to add, with the night light make sure you don't get one with a sensor. The one I linked is probably the way to go.

I also forgot to add the much debated tailgate damper. It is kind of a meme around here we joke about but several people seem to love them. I'm sure @AzScorpion will stop by to fill you in on where to get one for the best price. He's kind of the ambassador for dampers. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. @AzScorpion didn't suggest it (whaaaa???) but I'd get the dealer to throw in a tailgate damper, that way you won't have to be harangued one way or the other about being a manly man or having the arms of Olive Oyl :lipssealed:

Enjoy your truck, you'll "keep on smile'n" for a long time...be broke for a long time too!!! Hahaha, you'll see!
Sponsored