BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XL FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys ordered the new Eibach 2.0 Coilover system. couldn’t pass up the deal Nick @ Peak Suspension has going on this month! If I get them here by weekend I will have it installed and give a review!
5F9D9D7E-3DBB-45A0-94CE-4E09968449A7.png
Sponsored

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Ooh. What do these cost?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
$1038 usually but if you hurry this month $938 Shipped using 10% discount like me.
I only just found out Eibach made a coilover like this one now that you posted. I only knew about their lift strut/kit setup that's like $550. Nice to see more options out there.

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only just found out Eibach made a coilover like this one now that you posted. I only knew about their lift strut/kit setup that's like $550. Nice to see more options out there.
I found out when I went to place order on the strut kit that I saw these.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
How does it ride in comparison to the stock suspension?

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Wow didn't know they made a complete strut coilover setup. I knew they had 2 different ones, one that reuses all the factory mounts and 1 that reuses the upper strut mount but everything else is new.

Nice kit!

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay guys I had to wait to make a review till rear shocks Were installed and I had some wheeling time. IT IS AWESOME. We frequent padre island national seashore for fishing/overlanding camping. I Have driven the 60 mile stretch of beach in my ranger before suspension install and after. I have also owned a 18 ZR2 so have a good companions.

ON ROAD
Suspension is firmer and not in a bad way. I can now take curves with confidence at speed with very little body roll. Changes in pavement grades are not noticeable like bridges and such. Pot holes are a breeze and no longer jar truck. Braking is much nicer as truck does not nose dive at all. It does wonders for the rear suspension as well. The firmer rear shocks provide huge improvement in bump handling and less body roll with payload. Over all very smooth ride is on par with My ZR2 I traded in. Driving down a dirt road is like pavement now.

OFF-ROAD
This is where the kit really shines. I mentioned we frequent Padre Island National Seashore. We also make a yearly trip to New Mexico or Colorado for a overland camping trip.(Haven’t been in Ranger yet) I have taking the ranger down PINS thought both in stock form and with kit. PINS by no means tough you may need 4X4 once or none at all to make trip if you are a decent diver. However being a beach has plenty of whoops and hoops. Now before I get any one complaining of the speeds I’m about to post realize we run two trucks up front that park up front to monitor for any pedestrians or traffic and have radios we also will not run when turtle markers are out.I would never put anyone or at risk other than myself. So with the stock FX4 suspension the beach was bouncy and Ranger never felt planted. The beach past the 25 mile marker is fairly open and you can safely cruise 35-45 MPH I believe park limit is 40... at speeds above 45 the ranger would be very bouncy and rear end hop was bad. Kicking left and right (NOT GOOD). If you missed slowing down for big hoop or whoop if would Jar truck something awful and was not very hard to bottom suspension out. Now Enter Eibach Coilovers!!!
The truck when traveling at same speed felt like highway driving...Difference is night and day the kit. It was like driving down a sandy highway compared to stock FX4 suspension.
Whoops and hoops where no threat at speeds above 50. I caught about 3-4”of air on a whoop I didn’t realize was so big and suspension took the landing like Butter with very little report into the cab. This would of for sure bottomed our stock suspension and you would of felt it. Compared to my ZR2 I would say the suspension rides very similar off-road while being a touch firmer on road.
I highly recommend this kit for anyone wanting some more off road capability or even a better on road ride. For the price of the kit you would be crazy to go with anything else unless you are dropping some coin and stepping into the realm of Mid Travel kits. Nick Psomas owner of Peak Suspension is who got me hooked up and was a excellent help with deciding what kit to get for my Ranger. He answered multiple question for me after hours and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. Very cool guy and fellow ranger enthusiast!! Hit him up he has some cool stuff coming out for the Ranger!!
if you guys have any questions about ride or kit let me know! Happy trails my friends.

adv_ranger

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Student
Okay guys I had to wait to make a review till rear shocks Were installed and I had some wheeling time. IT IS AWESOME. We frequent padre island national seashore for fishing/overlanding camping. I Have driven the 60 mile stretch of beach in my ranger before suspension install and after. I have also owned a 18 ZR2 so have a good companions.

ON ROAD
Suspension is firmer and not in a bad way. I can now take curves with confidence at speed with very little body roll. Changes in pavement grades are not noticeable like bridges and such. Pot holes are a breeze and no longer jar truck. Braking is much nicer as truck does not nose dive at all. It does wonders for the rear suspension as well. The firmer rear shocks provide huge improvement in bump handling and less body roll with payload. Over all very smooth ride is on par with My ZR2 I traded in. Driving down a dirt road is like pavement now.

OFF-ROAD
This is where the kit really shines. I mentioned we frequent Padre Island National Seashore. We also make a yearly trip to New Mexico or Colorado for a overland camping trip.(Haven’t been in Ranger yet) I have taking the ranger down PINS thought both in stock form and with kit. PINS by no means tough you may need 4X4 once or none at all to make trip if you are a decent diver. However being a beach has plenty of whoops and hoops. Now before I get any one complaining of the speeds I’m about to post realize we run two trucks up front that park up front to monitor for any pedestrians or traffic and have radios we also will not run when turtle markers are out.I would never put anyone or at risk other than myself. So with the stock FX4 suspension the beach was bouncy and Ranger never felt planted. The beach past the 25 mile marker is fairly open and you can safely cruise 35-45 MPH I believe park limit is 40... at speeds above 45 the ranger would be very bouncy and rear end hop was bad. Kicking left and right (NOT GOOD). If you missed slowing down for big hoop or whoop if would Jar truck something awful and was not very hard to bottom suspension out. Now Enter Eibach Coilovers!!!
The truck when traveling at same speed felt like highway driving...Difference is night and day the kit. It was like driving down a sandy highway compared to stock FX4 suspension.
Whoops and hoops where no threat at speeds above 50. I caught about 3-4”of air on a whoop I didn’t realize was so big and suspension took the landing like Butter with very little report into the cab. This would of for sure bottomed our stock suspension and you would of felt it. Compared to my ZR2 I would say the suspension rides very similar off-road while being a touch firmer on road.
I highly recommend this kit for anyone wanting some more off road capability or even a better on road ride. For the price of the kit you would be crazy to go with anything else unless you are dropping some coin and stepping into the realm of Mid Travel kits. Nick Psomas owner of Peak Suspension is who got me hooked up and was a excellent help with deciding what kit to get for my Ranger. He answered multiple question for me after hours and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. Very cool guy and fellow ranger enthusiast!! Hit him up he has some cool stuff coming out for the Ranger!!
if you guys have any questions about ride or kit let me know! Happy trails my friends.

WELL I am sold! I was trying to decide between the stage 1 and stage 2 kits and boy I am SO happy I found this thread! Thank you for the in depth review of these shocks. I deeply appreciate the time it took you to do this and give us your honest opinion!

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
What I want to know and haven't been able to find out, even the service manager at my local dealer was non commital. Will these affect your warranty in any way? My Ranger is just over a year old and has less then 6000 miles on it. Don't want to mess up my warranty if anything comes up.

OP
OP
BoostCruising

BoostCruising

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What I want to know and haven't been able to find out, even the service manager at my local dealer was non commital. Will these affect your warranty in any way? My Ranger is just over a year old and has less then 6000 miles on it. Don't want to mess up my warranty if anything comes up.
The only parts you should have warranty issues with are the parts you replaced.
They can’t for example deny you AC replacement because you changed your struts out.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2

ON ROAD

OFF-ROAD
Great News im So close to buying these just one question what lift do they come set at? And is it hard to adjust them?
Sponsored