Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
On the order tracking site, I think the locking diff / open diff changed almost every week from one to the other.
Ditto.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered mine in Oct with a locking diff and it just got built. On the order tracking site, I think the locking diff / open diff changed almost every week from one to the other.
Yep, same here with the flip-flopping axle on the tracking site. It's the first thing I looked at when the window sticker became available.

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
So here is an update that I think all will be interested in:
I have so far contacted, the dealer, Ford Customer Service, and a link into the Plant.
The plant says we are done when built, Customer Service just points to the dealership and the last update I have is that the vehicle is trapped by production vehicles that are set aside due to lack of components. Below is the current status:
upload_2019-2-12_12-59-38.png

As you can see the vehicle has been released and awaiting shipment since 1/31/2019, where this has been planned for 2/3, 2/10, and now 2/28 with a manual override. Now the "tracking" site identifies "Awaiting Shipment" to take from a few days to a week.

Bottom-line here is do not sell your current ride (I did) based on the information in the Ford Vehicle Tracker. I now have no car and plans to leave for FL. on 2/14. Right now I am a fully frustrated and dissatisfied Ford customer to the point of looking at Colorado's. Yuck.
So to end this story, the dealer and the dealer rep. took charge, dug in and got my Ranger out of "Ramp Jail" (blocked by other Rangers on the Ramp and pushed to later delivery dates). I took delivery this afternoon. This is why I bought from this dealer, Seymour Ford. See Below:

Ranger.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So to end this story, the dealer and the dealer rep. took charge, dug in and got my Ranger out of "Ramp Jail" (blocked by other Rangers on the Ramp and pushed to later delivery dates). I took delivery this afternoon. This is why I bought from this dealer, Seymour Ford. See Below:

Ranger.jpg
Wow congratulations!

I need to ask my dealer to investigate my Ranger.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Anyone know how many days a truck witll stay in the “In Production” phase on the tracking site?

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow congratulations!

I need to ask my dealer to investigate my Ranger.
I would if it is awaiting shipment and not moving to shipping in about a week. Could be yours is in Ramp Jail also.

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know how many days a truck witll stay in the “In Production” phase on the tracking site?
For mine I got the window sticker and it went into the production build 1/15/19 with a blend date of 1/23/19. Was released on 1/31/19. Based on that about 16 days with no holds for component shortages.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
For mine I got the window sticker and it went into the production build 1/15/19 with a blend date of 1/23/19. Was released on 1/31/19. Based on that about 16 days with no holds for component shortages.
Good to know. Thanks.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

Ranger.jpg
glad it all worked out. damn my truck looks good :D

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Mine has a Blend date of 2/7/19 so I have been patiently waiting for it to shift to "Awaiting shipment' for the past week. Hopefully it changes in the next day or two! Thanks for the info!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Anyone have any updates on the currently finished trucks being shipped? My truck was physically built on 2/11 as that’s when the ford pass app showed a change. Really hope mine doesn’t get stuck in a lineup.

FE8A1487-418B-4D37-A7B4-E5346129781C.png

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
My understanding is the truck is being built while it is, “In Production”. The 2/11 date is the first day of the build, which depending on which option you chose, could last 2 to 3 weeks. The build is complete when the check mark is next to “In Production”.

I see your delivery date is 1/1/1990, that happened to me as well. It changed back to my original estimated date after a day or two. By the way, I seriously doubt the deliver date is firm from what I’ve been reading here. Hold on and good luck. Hopefully, the wait wiill be well worth it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
My understanding is the truck is being built while it is, “In Production”. The 2/11 date is the first day of the build, which depending on which option you chose, could last 2 to 3 weeks. The build is complete when the check mark is next to “In Production”.

I see your delivery date is 1/1/1990, that happened to me as well. It changed back to my original estimated date after a day or two. By the way, I seriously doubt the deliver date is firm from what I’ve been reading here. Hold on and good luck. Hopefully, the wait wiill be well worth it.
The vehicle actually shows "In Production" when the order is transmitted to the plant. It could take a week or 2 for the order to blend into the production schedule. It doesn't take 2 weeks to build a truck. If the Ranger is anything like the F-150, which is the plant I work at, it takes about 22 hours total. That's from the first buck in body until the vehicle rolls off the line ready for shipping.

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
The vehicle actually shows "In Production" when the order is transmitted to the plant. It could take a week or 2 for the order to blend into the production schedule. It doesn't take 2 weeks to build a truck. If the Ranger is anything like the F-150, which is the plant I work at, it takes about 22 hours total. That's from the first buck in body until the vehicle rolls off the line ready for shipping.
Pioneer, not to speak for Ric but Ford is using the production tab on the tracker for more than building the truck. It is staying in production mode for 2 weeks or more, for a little thing like bedliner. I'm sure Ric knows it doesn't take that long to build a truck.

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
Mine moved to production 2/7 and is still shows in production. It does have a spray-in bed liner. But est. delivery of 2/17 has not changed. Don't think that is going to happen. My dealer has 3 rangers on order, 2 ordered in August and mine in Oct. The first two are built setting at the factory waiting shipping and we are only about 400 miles from the factory. One has been waiting shipment since 1/19.
Sponsored