Ford Order Tracking Site

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Customer orders always take precedent over dealer stock orders. For whatever reason, (dealer's allocation, commodity issues etc) ford may build more of one body type than another, but a customer ordered vehicle regardless will be scheduled before that dealer's stock order(s).
i.e.: if both are submitted the same week to the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) a retail Supercab or Super crew will be scheduled ahead of a dealer's stock order Super Crew(s) or Super Cab(s).
While I don't doubt that process I've seen order dates after mine come thru to members here and dealers websites stocked vehicle.
Also the 13 Rangers I quoted above all had blue WS's fwiw.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Unless you have a Bronco on order.
Two ways I can think of where a stock order would be built before a retail order:
  1. a commodity hold or balance out of an option or group, and the stock order was updated, but th retail order was not.
  2. The other possibility is with two dealers. Customer 1 orders from Dlr A. A used up their monthly allocation and had to put 1's order in next month's allocation. Now it takes precedent over that month's allocation, not the month it was actually ordered .Customer 2 Ordered on the same day as Customer 1 but from Dlr B, who had a current allocation spot open, and 2's order went to ahead of B's stock orders. 2 got his vehicle before 1 as a result.
  3. Bonus!! Special Cyber Week Reason!! Customer C goes to Dealer 3 and reserves a vehicle that hasn't been processed yet (USOB-noVIN) that the dealer has inbound as a stock order. Customer D orders the exact same vehicle on the same day and when the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) is previewed by Ford, it will prioritize the retail over the stock order, which could result in C getting their order at a later date.

Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Customer orders always take precedent over dealer stock orders. For whatever reason, (dealer's allocation, commodity issues etc) ford may build more of one body type than another, but a customer ordered vehicle regardless will be scheduled before that dealer's stock order(s).
i.e.: if both are submitted the same week to the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) a retail Supercab or Super crew will be scheduled ahead of a dealer's stock order Super Crew(s) or Super Cab(s).
Yes agreed but my searching in that example I posted above all where dealer stock ordered units (Blue WS) so how is customer ordered (Green WS) like mine or others sidelined and stock units produced, unless that old standard is out the window and they just build whatever they have parts for regardless of customer or stock order IDK just a thought.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Yes agreed but my searching in that example I posted above all where dealer stock ordered units (Blue WS) so how is customer ordered (Green WS) like mine or others sidelined and stock units produced, unless that old standard is out the window and they just build whatever they have parts for regardless of customer or stock order IDK just a thought.
Can't answer that, but retail orders still always take precedent over dealer stock orders. Always still, always will. The three examples in my previous post are the only glitches I thought of.
Yours may have has a commodity hold on something that the stock ordered units didn't include-controller for mirror heat or something. Did you order the factory spray-in bedliner? Those are applied at a vendor off site, then returned to the plant for rail shipment-could have been a delay there; missed the others' train?. Might have been somewhere in the dealership where the ball got dropped.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Can't answer that, but retail orders still always take precedent over dealer stock orders. Always still, always will. The three examples in my previous post are the only glitches I thought of.
Yours may have has a commodity hold on something that the stock ordered units didn't include-controller for mirror heat or something. Did you order the factory spray-in bedliner? Those are applied at a vendor off site, then returned to the plant for rail shipment-could have been a delay there; missed the others' train?. Might have been somewhere in the dealership where the ball got dropped.
No extras by outside factory vendors, I'm going to do that myself, hitch, bed mat etc, much cheaper and i get that satisfaction of doing the 'mods' LOL.
Sponsored