First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat on order/'47 Chevy Bus Cpe
Occupation
Retired
I am trying to decide between two tonneau covers for my on order Ranger. The first is the Ford OEM Hard Folding Tonneau and the second is Extang solid fold 2.0.

I can get the Ford OEM Hard Folding Tonneau cover at a nice discounted price, but would like to know if anyone has one of these and how they like it? Would you recommend it? Any idea as to who makes it for Ford?

Thanks
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
My truck came with the ford trifold already installed, it seems to be holding up okay after almost a year in service. I think they are made by BAKFLIP but not 100% certain. Add a little 303 UV protectant once in a while and it shines up nice.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I like the BakFlip MX4.

OP
OP

RetiredNotFired

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My truck came with the ford trifold already installed, it seems to be holding up okay after almost a year in service. I think they are made by BAKFLIP but not 100% certain. Add a little 303 UV protectant once in a while and it shines up nice.
Thanks, Puckdodger. Does it leak much? When folded up, does the last section lie flat against the back of the cab on the bed/bed rails or does it fold upright against the window?

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I have the Ford one. 2.5 years now. Holding up great. Folds against the window. Only leaks when pressure washed

Since it is black, make sure to dry/clean it if wet/dirty to avoid it baking in

Not sure who makes it for Ford

If you are getting a discount, get the Ford one. People always point out the little blue oval it has to me, a nice cheap touch haha

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Thanks, Puckdodger. Does it leak much? When folded up, does the last section lie flat against the back of the cab on the bed/bed rails or does it fold upright against the window?
I wouldn't say it is water tight but it the tailgate seal, or lack thereof, not the tonneau. There is one section about 4" at the nose of box that doesn't seem to move and everything kinda stacks on it when folded open against the glass with a little adjustable pencil brace on each side to hold it open. It can handle a little bit of weight when its closed, but I wouldn't put 6 bags of cement on it. Overall I am completely satisfied with it.

OP
OP

RetiredNotFired

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I wouldn't say it is water tight but it the tailgate seal, or lack thereof, not the tonneau. There is one section about 4" at the nose of box that doesn't seem to move and everything kinda stacks on it when folded open against the glass with a little adjustable pencil brace on each side to hold it open. It can handle a little bit of weight when its closed, but I wouldn't put 6 bags of cement on it. Overall I am completely satisfied with it.
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

RetiredNotFired

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have the Ford one. 2.5 years now. Holding up great. Folds against the window. Only leaks when pressure washed

Since it is black, make sure to dry/clean it if wet/dirty to avoid it baking in

Not sure who makes it for Ford

If you are getting a discount, get the Ford one. People always point out the little blue oval it has to me, a nice cheap touch haha
Thanks, Mustang2Ranger. That helps me
Sponsored