Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
NnnnnAAaaah, I say go for it! I'd love to know excatly how much time, money and sanity the College Professor expends making a 2WD Ranger a 4x4. As long as we get daily progress updates and pictures. it would certainly make for interesting reading!
:computerrage:
Most interesting conversion I ever saw was a 1967 El Camino converted to 4wd - it was 1969 at the time. Don't know any specifics other than it was bitch'n :angel:
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes you absolutely do know. Car fax. Records all service events. Do not buy a car that was not maintained. Easy peasy when looking for a used vehicle.

A lease? Add up the monthly payments and throw that out a window. Plus likely have to give dealer more money when returned. There isn't a bigger waste of money out there.

Or actually have something of value for down paymeny when you purchase a new
Vehicle.

Dealers make a killing on leases. They sell a vehicle twice.

Renting a car us not fiscally responsible unless you have a business. Anyone else is wasting money.
CarFax only shows IF it were fixed by the dealer or mechanic. There are many (I know some personally) who have had theirs fixed by friends and or did it themself.

Sorry not all leases are bad ones. My gf has been leasing a brand new Honda Civic for only $140.00/ month. It would've been only $105.00/month but being in Chicago they have some dumb fee (TAX) added to the monthly lease payment. This saves her a ton of money and she's also banking a ton of money. Sorry but for $35../week you cant even rent a junker for that. She traded in her lease and got another one for the same monthly payment. Leases do have some value. In this day and age I would never buy a used vehicle. Way to much that can/will go wrong with them and seeing how most drive, I wouldn't want that headache!

That's just like saying renting is bad. There are certain instances where it makes perfect sense and financial ones too. I'm not going to get into a long dragged out post about it but you have tunnel vision and need to look outside the box once in a while. I've been to many financial seminars where they even state that for SOME selling your house and renting is better financially for them. Again every persons situation is different so you can not make a blanket statement that leasing is a waste of money.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
NnnnnAAaaah, I say go for it! I'd love to know excatly how much time, money and sanity the College Professor expends making a 2WD Ranger a 4x4. As long as we get daily progress updates and pictures. it would certainly make for interesting reading!
Ok, you convinced me, OP, even a monthly update would be good.

Leasing or buying, it might be good for some & not so good for others.
If I would have a business, maybe leasing would have better tax incentive?
Of course, if it's a real working truck & bring it back all dented & what not......

OP
OP
MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Not that I have to explain myself to anyone here. However, I leased because at the time I could not afford the loan payments being offered, they were about $150 more per month In addition, the lease on my Challenger was ending and the Ranger fit my wants at the time with a lease payment that fit my budget. I intended to buy it at the end of the lease. Since then my financial situation has improved along with my wants with the truck.

I started this thread to seek the knowledge of my fellow Ranger owners. I appreciate all of the helpful comments. They reaffirmed what I already believed. Then there were a few troll and single minded comments that sort of derailed the conversation. That is the nature of online forums sometimes though. It is all good though because I still appreciate you.

Update on the process: I have abandoned the idea of installing 4wd in this truck. Instead I am looking at selling this one (Carvana prices ?) and looking for a new 4x4 Lariat no FX4 or Tremor packages unless it is super great deal. I am not paying $50k for features I do not want. I may be looking for a while but that is fine. In the meantime, I am going to install my Raptor wheels and BFG KO2s and enjoy my truck. I will keep the stock parts in case I find what I want. Thank you again for the comments.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I have to explain myself to anyone here. However, I leased because at the time I could not afford the loan payments being offered, they were about $150 more per month In addition, the lease on my Challenger was ending and the Ranger fit my wants at the time with a lease payment that fit my budget. I intended to buy it at the end of the lease. Since then my financial situation has improved along with my wants with the truck.

I started this thread to seek the knowledge of my fellow Ranger owners. I appreciate all of the helpful comments. They reaffirmed what I already believed. Then there were a few troll and single minded comments that sort of derailed the conversation. That is the nature of online forums sometimes though. It is all good though because I still appreciate you.

Update on the process: I have abandoned the idea of installing 4wd in this truck. Instead I am looking at selling this one (Carvana prices ?) and looking for a new 4x4 Lariat no FX4 or Tremor packages unless it is super great deal. I am not paying $50k for features I do not want. I may be looking for a while but that is fine. In the meantime, I am going to install my Raptor wheels and BFG KO2s and enjoy my truck. I will keep the stock parts in case I find what I want. Thank you again for the comments.
How exactly do you sell a lease??

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
How exactly do you sell a lease??
Same way as if the vehicle were financed. Buyout prices may vary though. “Your” buyout price is not the same as a dealers buyout price or possibly the buyers price.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Then he better buy another one then. The project car will be a “project” for a pretty long time.
Sponsored