Off topic, but what do you think of the new Vintage Broncos?

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
That was the main reason I wanted 2dr Bronco. They were very close to looking like the old vintage ones I never got a chance to own. Looks like I still won't get a chance seeing as it's been 3+ years since my reservation and still nothing. Oh well on to the next new toy. Oh look....A Ranger Raptor! ?
How are you going to handle being active in the 5g and 6g forums though?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks

I have a long and contentious at times relationship with Steve Saleen. That said here is something in the works from him. He did a Saleen Ranger when were were racing in the SCCA Serise I created inadvertently. See KJ's listing of back stories. Anyway, Here is Steve's venture into the world of Bronco mods....

SaleenBronco.jpg

I was privileged to know Bill Stoppe when we worked out of his shop on our prototypes. I also knew Parnelli Jones through General Tire who sponsored Saleen in our racetrucks and Mustangs. Both true legends Also knew PJ Junior...not a positive experience with a sub par talent...

Best,
Phil

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
While I have no desire to buy a Bronco I do like and appreciate them. As to the heritage editions.... I love 'em!!!!!!

Make mine blue! :turkey:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
One day, when the time is right, I’ll get one in this colour combo. This was the family hauler from 79-87.

7539159D-65FD-46A7-B6DF-C0FFD17556DE.jpeg
im pretty much anti gm these days but man i want the red one in the back ground! ever since seeing the movie The Driver if wanted a red short step gm like that one white wagons...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
How are you going to handle being active in the 5g and 6g forums though?
im worried r5g my end up like ford ranger forum and others for the 4g and older models. they are basically spam bot waste lands now lol.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
im worried r5g my end up like ford ranger forum and others for the 4g and older models. they are basically spam bot waste lands now lol.
Hi Mark,

I share your worry. I was ready to end my time on 5g on Jan 2 2023...but decided to stick around for a bit...my time is limited as these forums are moving to Mod only and I cannot comment much on them. I tried here to help and to share backstories that folks could understand how difficult it is to bring a new vehicle to market etc. Thanks to KJ for trying to consolidate these stories, but the thread is getting old now....

Best,
Phil

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi Mark,

I share your worry. I was ready to end my time on 5g on Jan 2 2023...but decided to stick around for a bit...my time is limited as these forums are moving to Mod only and I cannot comment much on them. I tried here to help and to share backstories that folks could understand how difficult it is to bring a new vehicle to market etc. Thanks to KJ for trying to consolidate these stories, but the thread is getting old now....

Best,
Phil
i enjoy your posts and stories. hopefully you will stay around for a long time phil

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Hi Mark,

Best,
Phil
I may be missing some context here, but I think most enjoy your posts. I am always curious to read them.

DIGITAL_HATE

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 4.0 Ranger, 2021 cactus grey Ranger
Occupation
Energy
Personally, I think they're great. I like that the fact they're basically admitting that classic designs never die. I expect even if you have the $$$ then getting hold of one will be challenging.
1673564370475.png
The had this at my local dealer. Similar but a sport
1673619490718.png

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I had a 69 Bronco, put a built 351 Windsor and a 5 speed in it, it would smoke the tires, but really, it was a squirrel to drive with the short wheel base.

Incredible off road, almost impossible to get stuck!

I sold it in 2001 for $13,200 thought I made bank, now it would be triple that, if not more, it was beautiful and fast.

The new ones look cool, not sure I would go back to two doors though, I like the access of four doors, I'm glad Ford did it though, practical or not, it's cool they tapped their history.
Sponsored