First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Well some of you know im back in the Chicago land area. Northwest Indiana to be specific, not living in Illinois if it was free. Anyway, I passed a dealer with at least 8 new broncos out front. I was shocked because no one in AZ could keep them in stock. Well they start at 50k and top out over 90k.... Dealer markup is garbage.

https://www.currieford.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=GMB

@AzScorpion - Found you a bronco, do I get a finders fee? ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sure, find me one at invoice pricing and then $2,000 off. That's my original deal and then you'll get your fee. ?

I'm pretty much over my Bronco love. I've been seeing many online for sale at msrp at dealers throughout the country. There's was a nice semi loaded 2dr Badlands in TX on cars.com for $51,000 and I was close to calling them but the excitement for one has faded now. I'm saving the Bronco money for the next Gen Ranger. One thing's for sure I will not wait years if Ford decides to keep this ridiculous allocation system.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would not want to be sitting on 20+ Broncos if I were a used car dealer. I can only imagine what they paid for their inventory...

https://www.mwmotor.com/used-vehicles/suvs/?_dFR[body][0]=SUVs&_dFR[type][0]=Used&_dFR[type][1]=Certified%20Used&_paymentType=our_price
With interest rates climbing it's putting many out of reach for payments. For all the sleazy deals most tried pulling on their customers and the crazy markups I hope these dealers sit on them all next year!

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
With interest rates climbing it's putting many out of reach for payments. For all the sleazy deals most tried pulling on their customers and the crazy markups I hope these dealers sit on them all next year!
Amen. Housing market is the same way. I picked a great time to move. ?

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Amen. Housing market is the same way. I picked a great time to move. ?
Yeah were planning on buying a house in '23.. not excited about the interest rates but at least market pricing is starting to correct.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah were planning on buying a house in '23.. not excited about the interest rates but at least market pricing is starting to correct.
I am buying one next week. Very little market correction and high rates! Its sad when 6.125 is low.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I am buying one next week. Very little market correction and high rates! Its sad when 6.125 is low.
18% when we bought our first house. Early 80s were crazy. Over 10% paid on my savings accounts then.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Which really isn't all that bad considering the overall history of rates. The problem is all the "free" money that we had these past 20 years. The Fed had the federal funds rate way to low (0%) for way to long and everyone (including myself) got use to it. The rates we're seeing now were common in the 90's and if anyone remembers the 80's they were in the double digits.

I'm betting we don't see these low rates again for a long time if ever. Barring another major downturn like the one in '08 or when Covid hit they lowered the rates to jump start the economy but failed to raise them afterward. If they really want to curb inflation rates need to stay around where they are now and not inject billions (QE's) into the system as that only gives us a false economy.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Which really isn't all that bad considering the overall history of rates. The problem is all the "free" money that we had these past 20 years. The Fed had the federal funds rate way to low (0%) for way to long and everyone (including myself) got use to it. The rates we're seeing now were common in the 90's and if anyone remembers the 80's they were in the double digits.

I'm betting we don't see these low rates again for a long time if ever. Barring another major downturn like the one in '08 or when Covid hit they lowered the rates to jump start the economy but failed to raise them afterward. If they really want to curb inflation rates need to stay around where they are now and not inject billions (QE's) into the system as that only gives us a false economy.
Ill sure miss 2 Percent rates. It is free money. Ill just hope for a mild downturn. Give me 3 or 4 so I can refi and he happy.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
The Eruption Green Metallic Ranger is nice

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ill sure miss 2 Percent rates. It is free money. Ill just hope for a mild downturn. Give me 3 or 4 so I can refi and he happy.
The Fed has to be careful because raising rates to fast can/will cause a worse recession. Usually it takes 6 months per rate hike to see what it does and they've had 5-6 now. So far the only thing that's stabilized are the housing and car markets which was their target goal. Now we need to see every day staple goods come down. I think by April we should have a better idea on how we land and if we go into a deeper recession those lower rates will come back. They'll need them to start the cycle all over again.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Sure, find me one at invoice pricing and then $2,000 off. That's my original deal and then you'll get your fee. ?

I'm pretty much over my Bronco love. I've been seeing many online for sale at msrp at dealers throughout the country. There's was a nice semi loaded 2dr Badlands in TX on cars.com for $51,000 and I was close to calling them but the excitement for one has faded now. I'm saving the Bronco money for the next Gen Ranger. One thing's for sure I will not wait years if Ford decides to keep this ridiculous allocation system.
i wanted a bronco so badly and almost put my order in before the 5g. now when i see them im happy i didnt. in my area the broncos have become the rich soccer mom d bag dad mobile in competition with the fluffy pimped jeeps. finally saw a two door and thought hmm its cool but needs a pickup bed. duh- basically what i was driving lol. im jaded against them now. as most of the ones i see driving i can bet that the driver paid way over msrp etc. so its like a almost cool sucker ride.
1672517764056.png

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
The Fed has to be careful because raising rates to fast can/will cause a worse recession. Usually it takes 6 months per rate hike to see what it does and they've had 5-6 now. So far the only thing that's stabilized are the housing and car markets which was their target goal. Now we need to see every day staple goods come down. I think by April we should have a better idea on how we land and if we go into a deeper recession those lower rates will come back. They'll need them to start the cycle all over again.
Something will break in April/July, Fed will cut rates, QE, inflation will rocket up, rates will go up. Might be a roller coaster for next decade, see 70's.
Crystal ball is a little murky...

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
At least fas came down. Consumer good typically run a few months behind.
Sponsored