MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
For my part, I don't care what the damn thing looks like, as long as I can "pop and drop" the tailgate without it going into free fall before crashing to a halt, as it does now. (I have ordered one from Ford Accessories and am still awaiting delivery. I hope the first member to get one installed will treat us to a video of its dampened downward journey....)

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
For my part, I don't care what the damn thing looks like, as long as I can "pop and drop" the tailgate without it going into free fall before crashing to a halt, as it does now. (I have ordered one from Ford Accessories and am still awaiting delivery. I hope the first member to get one installed will treat us to a video of its dampened downward journey....)
At the end of the day I agree with you on what and where the damper is. I am glad to finally have one to install. I should get the T50 Torx head needed to remove the 2 screws from the tailgate and get this thing installed today.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DONE! As was stated, 10 Minute install if that! Well worth the money! Mine was $48 with Tax through my local Ford Dealer. Ordered on ford Accessories site and selected local Dealer Pricing. Ships free to the Dealer. took all of 7 days from order to installation!

Tailgate-1.jpg
Tailgate-2.jpg

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Having difficulty posting a video. Anybody have any secrets on getting it to work?
I usually will post to YouTube and than post the link.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think, it needs another damper on the passenger side. ;)
Well, it's fine as is and this ONLY works on the Driver side. They would need to make a different mounting bracket for the Passenger side Bed wall. Then you'd have to recalibrate the Damper or it would take all day to open!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
DONE! As was stated, 10 Minute install if that! Well worth the money! Mine was $48 with Tax through my local Ford Dealer. Ordered on ford Accessories site and selected local Dealer Pricing. Ships free to the Dealer. took all of 7 days from order to installation!

Tailgate-1.jpg
Tailgate-2.jpg

WOAH! (Who would have thought that watching a tailgate open would be so exciting!)

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WOAH! (Who would have thought that watching a tailgate open would be so exciting!)
Should have done a BEFORE and AFTER Video! But I never liked the sound of the tailgate crashing down!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Because I don't want it slamming down when my wife goes to get groceries in or out of it, and she cannot be trained. Plus If I'm carrying something heavy, I might be able to work the latch, but I can't stop the tailgate from falling on me, or whatever I'm carrying. It's somewhat convenient to be able to pop it and step back, then load whatever in.

By no means necessary, just "more" convenient than without it.
Like the idea of dampened gate, until all the various bugs in design, pricing, fulfilment and install get sorted out I'm holding off. Our wives are probably related, she loved to gravity-drop my 1500 ram gate seemingly on purpose and said OOopsie! every damn time... You'd think after 10 years of owning it she'd figure out its heavy and you need BOTH hands on it. solution: Wife needs to refrain from touching my new truck unless she's a passenger.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like the idea of dampened gate, until all the various bugs in design, pricing, fulfilment and install get sorted out I'm holding off. Our wives are probably related, she loved to gravity-drop my 1500 ram gate seemingly on purpose and said OOopsie! every damn time... You'd think after 10 years of owning it she'd figure out its heavy and you need BOTH hands on it. solution: Wife needs to refrain from touching my new truck unless she's a passenger.
This is a Ford Official Accessory so there are no bugs to be worked out. Simple no drill installation and works great.

RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
Great! Something else I must have...
When people talk about money pits I now completely understand.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great! Something else I must have...
When people talk about money pits I now completely understand.
Well, seeing as you can get this for half the cost of a decent set of Tailgate Letters it's a really good deal and practical to boot!

faiello

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just ordered this part from my local dealer $50 plus tax, they said there are none in stock in the USA and it looks like it will ship direct from the manufacturer. They said it could be a minimum of 2 weeks to get it in.
Sponsored