No more blackout between the windows

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I would just tape over/as close as possible. Just make sure to remove the tape before it is fully set.
Thanks and understood. It stinks to have to do this to a new truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
^^^^ Nicely done @Silver Ranger 1 !!!!
Thanks for your ideas and advice. I expected the Plasti-Dip to have a rougher texture, but it feels very similar to the texture of the pillar decal that is still on the driver side. I don’t think anyone but me will ever notice there is a decal on one side, and Pasti-Dip in the other side.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I prefer the blacked out pillars, but I think it would look better in a gloss black. It would fit in a lot better with tinted front windows.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I prefer the blacked out pillars, but I think it would look better in a gloss black. It would fit in a lot better with tinted front windows.
Gloss would just be a fingerprint covered mess. They seem to have chosen a really good material.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Gloss would just be a fingerprint covered mess. They seem to have chosen a really good material.
I did gloss vinyl on my Mazda and it’s no problem all. You are right though, it really shows if you close the door using that area but it doesn’t take long to get used to closing it with the handle or painted area.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I did gloss vinyl on my Mazda and it’s no problem all. You are right though, it really shows if you close the door using that area but it doesn’t take long to get used to closing it with the handle or painted area.
If I close it on the paint then I get fingerprints on the paint. :like: One of my other cars has a glossy black surface, so I hate it from experience. :cool: The stuff on the ranger is perfect for closing the door quickly without needing a lot of accuracy or drama.

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Did you ever change these to gloss black? I will be going in for tinted windows in the New Year and thought I would have them do this.

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever change these to gloss black? I will be going in for tinted windows in the New Year and thought I would have them do this.
I haven’t got around to it yet. Maybe in the spring!

VengeanceWithin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Has anyone done this to a black truck? Was wondering if having glossy black pillar looks better than the matte black plastic. I'm thinking it would.
Just found this post and I’m now wondering the same thing. My truck has a little scrape by the door. No idea how it got there but it does look black under there. Hmm ? may try to pull it off. There’s a chip in my paint right around there too.

6969C91D-84C6-4A7C-8158-A114709A0F44.jpeg
Sponsored