First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
The last time I drove through Atlanta I swore to God I would never drive thought it on purpose again. I would drive 200 miles out of the way just to miss the entire city. As we say here in the south, "Bless your heart".
Got that right brother. One of my law school buds is with GBI and he can't wait to retire and move west of the Mississippi. As he said, "Anywhere west !" :clap:

Skeezix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Electronic Tech
I always park in the back of a parking lot. Sure its a PITA to walk further depending on the weather, but I believe this single method has prevented me from getting any dings or otherwise.
I don't care how far away I park, someone will always park next to me.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Got that right brother. One of my law school buds is with GBI and he can't wait to retire and move west of the Mississippi. As he said, "Anywhere west !" :clap:
You should tell him there's "no vacancy."

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Estimate for repair is about $1,100. That is to repair the dent (somehow), replace the plastic, and repaint.

Naturally, USAA (the person who hit me's insurance) insists I take it for an estimate to one of their shops. I called the list of 7 they offered. All can't do an estimate until the 23rd at the soonest. Um...

I took pictures and gave them what they needed to do a virtual estimate. I really don't care what their estimate is, it's going to my shop. Can't wait to have this fixed. Driving me nuts.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I was in the back of the lot. I literally have no idea how this happened...
Someone WANTED this to happen to you if you're parking in the south 40...

BDawgSTX

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
thats just awful luck!
buy a used h2 hummer, fill the bumpers 'n doors with concrete and lett them play bumper cars all they want!
Or get one of the old Peacekeeper vehicles we used in the missile field for convoy security lol.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Or get one of the old Peacekeeper vehicles we used in the missile field for convoy security lol.
peacekeeper! wow nostalgia..we trained in those in the SP academy in '88 and ABGD at Dix..my 1st duty station they were gone. We had hummers and some crappy dodge p'ups & full sz suv's.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
peacekeeper! wow nostalgia..we trained in those in the SP academy in '88 and ABGD at Dix..my 1st duty station they were gone. We had hummers and some crappy dodge p'ups & full sz suv's.
Hi Anthony,

Back Story.... Ford decided to compete for pickup truck support of Military vehicles. The F series folks came to me as I was managing Ford OffRoad Racing. So being in CAE at the time, my boss let me work with the Ford task force and we put together three F350 Crew Cab long wheel base vehicles, using off road parts that had been developed for Trophy/Trick Trucks. I got to flog these trucks on our off road course at the Romeo proving ground. These trucks on their big honkin' BFG kevlar tires rocked! So the Task force entered the competition and we kicked Dodge and Chevy's ass. I thought we would get the contract to build some 3000 of these trucks. Nope, some three star that liked Dodge sent us home. Really sucked that one person on his personal opinion would screw our superior in every category offering. But that is our Government... My opinion was Dodge bought him...JMO....

best,
Phil Schilk
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Anthony,

Back Story.... Ford decided to compete for pickup truck support of Military vehicles. The F series folks came to me as I was managing Ford OffRoad Racing. So being in CAE at the time, my boss let me work with the Ford task force and we put together three F350 Crew Cab long wheel base vehicles, using off road parts that had been developed for Trophy/Trick Trucks. I got to flog these trucks on our off road course at the Romeo proving ground. These trucks on their big honkin' BFG kevlar tires rocked! So the Task force entered the competition and we kicked Dodge and Chevy's ass. I thought we would get the contract to build some 3000 of these trucks. Nope, some three star that liked Dodge sent us home. Really sucked that one person on his personal opinion would screw our superior in every category offering. But that is our Government... My opinion was Dodge bought him...JMO....

best,
Phil Schilk
Ford Motor Co. Retired
sad but surly happened a lot..
all I kno is i almost put that dodge on its side responding to an armed silent alarm at sac hq offutt afb on mid shift..handled like a pos.

Mike PD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 LX Mustang hatch, 1995 XL Ranger, 2020 XLT Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I was in the back of the lot. I literally have no idea how this happened...
I'm on the south side in Coweta County and it's truly mind boggling how bad drivers are down here. The real bitch of it is that quite a few people down here are transplants so you can't blame it on Georgia, people are just plain stupid but for what ever reason it's worse down here. I've had dash cams in my vehicles for years now and on my drive to the airport five days a week I've captured footage worthy of the Darwin Awards. I just put a Blackvue dash cam in my Ranger that lets me know everything that's happening near it, and it works. It is nice the lady had enough class to leave a note though, that's rare these days, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter where you park you're not safe. Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm on the south side in Coweta County and it's truly mind boggling how bad drivers are down here. The real bitch of it is that quite a few people down here are transplants so you can't blame it on Georgia, people are just plain stupid but for what ever reason it's worse down here. I've had dash cams in my vehicles for years now and on my drive to the airport five days a week I've captured footage worthy of the Darwin Awards. I just put a Blackvue dash cam in my Ranger that lets me know everything that's happening near it, and it works. It is nice the lady had enough class to leave a note though, that's rare these days, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter where you park you're not safe. Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.
Mike I just finally up a dash cam in my Ranger. I just knew it was only a matter of time before something happens while on the road here the way people drive now. At least this way it gives me some added insurance if/when something happens and they try and say "It wasn't my fault"....Smile you're on camera. ?

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I've had dash cams on all my cars... I haven't gotten around to installing it in my Ranger, yet. Partially because I am thinking about getting a better one. The last one I had, a Rexing from maybe 3-years ago, lets me down at night. It doesn't pick up license plates at night (glare from the reflective surface of the plates). I had a lady pull a gun on me on the highway (aggressive form of getting me to let her into my lane... shit you not) and given the situation I depended on the camera to get the license plate and instead focused on getting out of her line of site and getting behind her then calling the police. I know I verbalized the plate but I unfortunately had audio off (which I typically do because I don't like to record myself all the time).

I've seen Blackvue cameras before but was still wanting something better. We'll see...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Anthony,

best,
Phil Schilk
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,

Know gov't purchasing well, handled quite a bit during my last 7 years of labor before retirement. Military procurement and the hoops were bad enough, but getting a final purchasing contract/agreement past anybody with an attitude...well, you know that story!!:crazy:
Sponsored