TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
  • Banned
I decided to pick up a huge role of carpet that some lazy, POS, poorly raised a-hole dumped on the side of the road outside of where I live on the way to the gym since I have a fancy new pick-me-up truck. Figured I'd put it in the dumpster at my shop after I finish de-fatting. Had to leave the tailgate down to fit the role... figure no big deal. Come out of the gym with a note on my car... a lady backed into my tailgate. I parked in an area where there weren't parking spots right behind me... not on purpose but it's just where I always park. How this happened, I can only guess. Anyway, called her, she was nice and I thanked her for leaving a note.

She thought it was just the plastic cover but... unfortunately she dented the entire tailgate. What's extra annoying is that they'll have to replace this tailgate which means they'll have to replace the bedliner which may not match the factory bedliner.

I have had the truck for a month. Unbelievable...

Side story: since I've moved to Atlanta, my cars have been hit 8 times - all not my fault. I lost my Mustang due to someone sandwhiching me between his car and a semi truck trailer (and my dog was in the car). My Jetta was hit three times within the span of 6 months -- literally two days after I got the car back from the first repair, someone rear ended me. Both of my Silverados were damaged by hit-and-runs a couple times each (plus one of them got destroyed by hail). In the period I've been here I've gotten various beater cars out of frustration and even those have been hit. I do nothing abnormal. I swear Atlanta has the most inattentive drivers. One thing is for sure, I can't catch a break here when it comes to having a nice car and keeping it that way with a clean CarFax. It's unbelievable.

IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Never lived there, but as a truck driver I've spent many days in and out of Atlanta over the years. I have my own Atlanta story, but it's too long to tell here.

I am sorry for your troubles, and generally would tell you we have plenty of room here in Phoenix for you to escape that nonsense, but it seems drivers out here are equally stupid and inattentive.

Best of luck, brother.

Chris

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Good body guy can work that back to shape that wouldn't even know it happened. The thing working in your favor here is base material is aluminum so it's far easier to reshape. Paint still looks to be in good shape so you get to keep the factory job there. Nothing is better than factory paint!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow I thought the drivers were bad here. It seems like no one pays attention anymore to driving and they're glued to the darn phones now!

At least this thread has pictures and is a legitimate cause to be upset. ? Sorry I had to throw that in there just to lift your spirits.?

Last edited:
OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
  • Banned
Good body guy can work that back to shape that wouldn't even know it happened. The thing working in your favor here is base material is aluminum so it's far easier to reshape. Paint still looks to be in good shape so you get to keep the factory job there. Nothing is better than factory paint!
The paint does have damage. It'll need a repaint. I'd venture my shop just pushes to get a new tailgate because they know I will find waveyness and tell them to try again. We're on a first name basis at this point...

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
  • Banned
Never lived there, but as a truck driver I've spent many days in and out of Atlanta over the years. I have my own Atlanta story, but it's too long to tell here.

I am sorry for your troubles, and generally would tell you we have plenty of room here in Phoenix for you to escape that nonsense, but it seems drivers out here are equally stupid and inattentive.

Best of luck, brother.

Chris
I'd move to Arizona if I could keep my job, haha. Or Utah, Wyoming, Montana... anywhere that has more scenery than just "trees" and maybe a sense of some real freedom still... while I'm alive.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I thought the drivers were bad here. It seems like no one pays attention anymore to driving and they're glued to the darn phones now!

At least this thread has pictures and is a legitimate cause to be upset. ? Sorry I had to throw that in there just to lift your spirits.?
Well, I’ve heard at least one of them is bad. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The last time I drove through Atlanta I swore to God I would never drive thought it on purpose again. I would drive 200 miles out of the way just to miss the entire city. As we say here in the south, "Bless your heart".

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
As a current resident of Atlanta and a native ATLien, I confirm the validity of these statements. Be ware anyone traveling thru Atlanta! You're lucky she left a note and it's only cosmetic. Still sucks to deal with!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
thats just awful luck!
buy a used h2 hummer, fill the bumpers 'n doors with concrete and lett them play bumper cars all they want!

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I drive through ATL on my way to Florida to see my mom. Everytime I see at least 2 wrecks on I75. I've been doing this going on 10 years and I do mean every time haha

OP
OP

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I always park in the back of a parking lot. Sure its a PITA to walk further depending on the weather, but I believe this single method has prevented me from getting any dings or otherwise.
I was in the back of the lot. I literally have no idea how this happened...