First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
Today I drove about 5 miles went thru a car wash and then went to a friends house. I was there about an hour, when I got back in the truck it was dead. No dome lights, headlights, nothing. I then asked Siri to start my truck and it did. Anyone know what happened? My first thought was deep sleep mode but then my phone should not have started it right? I’m confused.
Sponsored

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Probably wouldn’t hurt to disconnect the negative terminal and let it sit for 15 minutes. That way you do a full reboot/reset. Something went sideways
Several people on this forum including myself have had this happen as a one and done kind of thing. Mine did it at the dealership after the first oil change and nothing since. Seems like it’s an electrical fluke that shouldn’t be harmful.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Damn computers. Not like the old days when you would grab a hammer, wrench or rock and bang on the starter or solenoid to get the damn thing going. You bang on the computer with anything and it likely won't ever start again. Not that I haven't been tempted...:explode:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There's a long thread or two on this. It's happened to a lot of people, including me. I don't know of anyone that had it happen more than once. If it happens again to me I'm going to try starting it with the app to see if that "wakes it up"

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I noticed recently that if i leave my phone in the house while im around or working on the 5g it does not make random r2d2 noises. But, if i have my phone near the truck it does make the noises randomly. I have the app in the phone of course so i guess the app or truck randomly check for connect ability ? Maybe that is related to the no start issue.

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I noticed recently that if i leave my phone in the house while im around or working on the 5g it does not make random r2d2 noises. But, if i have my phone near the truck it does make the noises randomly. I have the app in the phone of course so i guess the app or truck randomly check for connect ability ? Maybe that is related to the no start issue.
Not sure I had my phone with me and cannot believe it started with it but not the key. Usually the phone will be locked out and it says start it with the key.

Deleted member 15875

The app is connected to the internet and depending on what you agreed to, it likely is sending data to Ford for more than anyone realizes.

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
The app is connected to the internet and depending on what you agreed to, it likely is sending data to Ford for more than anyone realizes.
As long as it worked I’m glad big brother was watchin. LOL

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
It used to be said that if cars had as many problems our pc's we wouldn't buy them. We are now finding out if that is true.

lost1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger,2018 Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
retired
I just had this happen to me today, drove about 30 miles and stopped at a Walmart for 20 mins. I came out to the vehicle and it would not respond to the key fob to unlock the doors. I opened the drivers door with the key and noticed that the dash display did not come on, I tried to start it with the key and was completely dead, everything electrical was dead. I opened the hood to check the battery connections ( which were good) and closed the hood and waited about 5 mins after which the vehicle responded to the key fob and everything was back to normal.
When I got home I checked the battery voltage , engine running 14.2 volts,, engine off 12.5. I am going to let I sit for a couple of days and see how it is then. Vehicle is just shy of 1 year old with 8500 miles.

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I don’t get it. Mine was completely dead. I told my watch to start it and it did. Go figure.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That’s just Google checking up on you Mark. Making sure you are where they predicted you would be. ;)
Sponsored