First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RHD FORD RANGER WILDTRACK 2.2 XLS
Occupation
Retired military
Hello, we just got a pair of these NEW headlights, 3 PROJECTORS, DRIVING LIGHT, TURN LIGHTS are all LED. The headlights are ‘after market’ VLAND MATRIX PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS.

THESE HEADLIGHTS come with a FORD 8 PIN TYPE HEADLIGHTS PLUG and their plug uses 7 wires.

Using the ONLINE FORD 8 PIN WIRING DIAGRAM, we can only TURN ON the LOW BEAMS. The TURN LIGHTS are a SEPARATE PLUG so that was easy, and the DRIVING LIGHT uses a SEPARATE 1 WIRE CONNECTED TO THE ACC FUSE. Cannot get those 2 HIGH BEAM LED LIGHTS to TURN ON.

The truck that these are now installed in is a 2017 FORD RANGER but our truck came with SEPARATE WIRES for the LOW BEAM, HIGH BEAM, PARKING LIGHTS, and TURN SIGNALS. It does NOT have that FORD 8 PIN PLUG and the CONNECTIONS must be different than the OEM 8 PIN FORD PLUG.
Sponsored

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Vland Bugatti lights. They are a 3 projector setup. But mine were completely plug n play. I just installed and connected the plugs. I have a 2020 FX4 here in the Philippines.

20230314_105544 (1).jpg

OP
OP

MartyL16

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired military
Interesting. I am using the FORD FACTORY 8 PIN wiring diagram and doing all testing on my work bench using my POWER SUPPLY.
Here is one of the pictures showing the MALE and FEMALE PLUGS CONNECTED and each WIRE/PIN has label with the FORD CONNECTIONS. DOES NOT TURN ON THESE LIGHTS!

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0067.png

IMG_0061.png

IMG_0311.jpeg

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
If you are pulling that pinout for the connector from this site (targeting the NA in the USA and CAN), it may not match ROW Rangers pinouts. I'm not sure as I've not looked into ROW wiring, but I know there are differences as we only got the 2.3L petrel version of the Ranger, no Diesels here.

OP
OP

MartyL16

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired military
I have no idea what ROW or NA means but thanks for your REPLY.
I have spent NUMEROUS HOURS ONLINE to try and find that FORD 8 PIN PLUG in different configurations. My wife’s RANGER is a T6 but 2017 and made here in Thailand. That year was 2 wires to HIGH, 2 WIRES to LOW, and everything else RELATED to LIGHTS.
I have only been able to find that DIAGRAM for a 2019, but even using that PINOUT, these headlights do not even TURN ON.
TRIED to get on the AUSTRALIAN RANGER FORUM but the ADMIN ‘BLOCKS’ all IP addresses from this part of the world, so my search will have to be elsewhere.
Everything I have looked at ONLY shows me that 2019 PLUG.
Sure everything is MARKED and that actually ‘matches’ the 8 PIN from the HEADLIGHTS MANUFACTURER, so my ‘brain is kinda fried’. The Manufacturer only uses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 PINS.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
NA = North America (Canada and USA)
ROW = Rest of World

Our lighting wiring in Canada and USA could vary greatly from yours. If you’re using a NA wiring diagram, it could be completely different from how your truck is wired.

Our setups even differ between Canada and USA because of Canada’s ”always on” DRL (Daytime Running Lights) rules - likely a programming thing but still different.

You might try reaching out to some of the Asia/Pacific members in the Asia sub forum.

Best of luck with this. ?

Last edited:
OP
OP

MartyL16

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired military
Yes, the truck is a 2017 FORD RANGER, made in Thailand. I upgraded her headlights bulbs to LED ladt year. All BULBS are separate 2 wires to each. Thanks for your reply.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Couple of observations...

Have you possibly tried to power each pin individually on the new headlamp to see what the result is ?

Is it a possibility that there would need to be a change made in FORscan for these lights to work ? (based on the information that you have replaced your halogen lamps with LED bulbs)

OP
OP

MartyL16

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired military
The headlights were UPGRADED over 1 year ago. THEY WORK PEFECTLY with the addition of a CANBUS ADAPTER needed on the LOW BEAMS ONLY.

I have also upgraded the TAIL LIGHTS maybe 4 MONTHS AGO with ZERO PROBLEMS.

These NEW LED HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLIES are sitting on my test bench and I am using my power supply connected to one and tested on all wires according to the ONLY 8 PIN REFERENCE DIAGRAM I HAVE.

I will not have the shop install these unless I can get them to work. The WIRING to the 8 PIN uses 6 wires only. On A PREVIOUS ‘aftermarket’ headlight assembly, it also used only 6 wires but used PINs 5 and 6, this current assembly uses 5 and 6. Both headlight versions use PINS 1 THRU 4.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Curious as to how they have performed for you? Are they brighter than the stock halogens? Do you have any pictures of them on and illuminated? I am considering the North American version of these lights as the are now on sale for under $500 US. Appreciate any feedback you can provide.
Yes they are significantly brighter than halogens. I also have the Vland taillights.
Here's a walk around.

Startup

20221231_175247.jpg

20221231_175348.jpg

20221231_175336.jpg

20221206_162421.jpg

20221206_162329.jpg

20221206_160125.jpg

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are significantly brighter than halogens. I also have the Vland taillights.
Here's a walk around.

Startup

20221231_175247.jpg
Thanks Richard. They look good. At roughly 1/3 the price of the Morimoto XB’s, I’m gonna give these a try. These are very similar the the GTR Carbide style lights, except that the GTR’s are LEDs in reflective housings, and the Vlands are LED projector housings. I like how they look better that the Alpharex, and are real similar to the Morimoto XB’s. Thanks for sharing.

https://www.vlandus.com/cart
Sponsored