First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
Brandon Ford is a great location I purchased my old ranger from there, you can pretty much test it out at any speed , got I-75 close by and and can get some decent feedback from driving on 301 . I bought my 19 from Veterans Ford
I definitely liked Brandon Ford, the sales person was super patient with me and really helped me out...I guess the only negative I had was that he never mentioned the Fx2 package...I had mentioned to him that I would love to get 4x4 but I could not afford a 4x4, I would have thought that he would have mentioned the Fx2 package...i did not know about it until about 10 days ago...but its all good!
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the welcome message. I am looking forward to keeping this for a long time. The only thing I regret was not doing a bit more research on getting the Fx2 option, did not know anything about it. I elected to get 4x2 because I could not afford the 4x4, but the Fx2 option looked appealing, but I noticed they had that option after about 30 days of owning my Ranger. OH well..
Hi Ethan,

Here is the back story on the FX4 from which the FX2 was derived. Not sure that you will miss much without the FX2 for your usage. You will find folks modding their vehicle and selling off the FX2 components if you choose to up grade. Many folks here know the story, but the search function is a bit clunky, so here it is....

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/back-story-on-the-fx4-brand.3441/

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired