New Ranger Owner! A few questions inside

OP
OP

Rangerguy91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
I don't think Ford will cover alignments but it is worth getting it checked even if you pay for it. By the , Nice Ranger.

Thank you, I will check on the alignment. Other than that the truck is solid. Very nice ride. Its my first truck and first vehicle newer than 2005!
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I could reverse charge those tailgate dampers forcing it open faster, and the cables would still be happier than when they see my fat ass about to climb up.
I grab the bed side and step up on a tire. I’m not fat but my 60 year old knees look at the tailgate and say “Nah”.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I grab the bed side and step up on a tire. I’m not fat but my 60 year old knees look at the tailgate and say “Nah”.
My first choice, but my hard tonneau cover prevents it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My preferred method is drop the “dampered” tailgate. Take a lap around the truck and when I return it’s down. The exposed bumper end I step on and grab the top outside rail of the bed and pull myself up. Easy as that and no grunting for this old fart. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
My preferred method is drop the “dampered” tailgate. Take a lap around the truck and when I return it’s down. The exposed bumper end I step on and grab the top outside rail of the bed and pull myself up. Easy as that and no grunting for this old fart. ?
What?! You don't have the tailgate ladder that is the compliment mod to the damper???

1626202433375.png

Dave (@AzScorpion ) discussed this several times last year in several of the damper threads...well, time to start it all again since everyone is definitely..."older" now:crackup::angel:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome to the forum Ranger Guy. Very nice truck. Now, the deal is done. Don't look back as it never does one any good. Just enjoy the ride. BTW, maybe contact the dealer you bought it from concerning the drifting. They may line it up free for you. Enjoy that new Ranger.

OP
OP

Rangerguy91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Welcome to the forum Ranger Guy. Very nice truck. Now, the deal is done. Don't look back as it never does one any good. Just enjoy the ride. BTW, maybe contact the dealer you bought it from concerning the drifting. They may line it up free for you. Enjoy that new Ranger.

Thanks! I am enjoying it so far. There was a couple of days where I said to myself "what the hell, I cant believe this price, there has to be something wrong with this truck." But so far so good, no issues to complain about.

I spoke with the dealer I purchased it from and they said they will fully cover the alignment issues (to my surprise). Hopefully that will correct the issue and the lane keeping assist will be better!
Sponsored